ADVERTISEMENT

π™π™π™š π™π™žπ™œπ™π™©π™žπ™£' π™π™šπ™˜π™š π˜Ώπ™–π™«π™žπ™¨π™šπ™¨

Somebody please tell Fitz to send a CATS jersey with Rece Davis' name on it to ESPN HQ!!!!

He should send one with Galloway on the back too, because his contributions to the program have really been invaluable.

#2, #42, #16, #5, #51, #55, #99 and #77 beg to differ.
Lol That you only singled out 8 out of 85 scholarship players kinda proves my point. That they’re mostly all on defense also kinda proves it, since it’s by far our highest-performing unit. Love our program; there’s no shame in acknowledging that our success comes from out-working, out-hustling and out-playing our opponents. Pretending we have the same level of athletes as Alabama, Clemson, OSU, Florida, Georgia, etc is just Sidney Powell-level delusion.

It was a helluva lot of fun, and I'm grateful for the bulletin board material, but let's be real... we're the fighting Rece Davises. That lack of separation from our receivers that this board bemoans year-in and year-out? It's due to a lack of athleticism. When we play cover 4 all day, every day? It's b/c we don't have the front seven or lock-down secondary to go cover-0. Love our guys, our blue-collar mentality, and the player development associated with our program... but, uh... let's be realistic about who we are.

Also, F* Joey Galloway. No one makes fun of our guys -- unless it's us.
Did you watch the game?

There were a ton of blitzes and cover 0 throughout. We won because we were able to trust our backfield, repeatedly sack Mertz, and cause turnovers.

We just recruit and put our best athletes on defense - Joseph could have been on offense but is a safety thankfully. Most college teams seem to focus on offense & points - check out the over/under on our games.

Love this team. Wouldn’t trade our squad for any in the country.

Lol That you only singled out 8 out of 85 scholarship players kinda proves my point. That they’re mostly all on defense also kinda proves it, since it’s by far our highest-performing unit. Love our program; there’s no shame in acknowledging that our success comes from out-working, out-hustling and out-playing our opponents. Pretending we have the same level of athletes as Alabama, Clemson, OSU, Florida, Georgia, etc is just Sidney Powell-level delusion.
I can list more... I just listed players that are gonna at least sniff a practice squad.

We may not have the amount of elite talent as some, but we DO have elite talent at many positions. To your point, many are on defense, and offense needs more, but that doesn't make us a team full of Rece Davises.

We may not have the amount of elite talent as some, but we DO have elite talent at many positions. To your point, many are on defense, and offense needs more, but that doesn't make us a team full of Rece Davises.

@CatManTrue I was pleased with our aggressive scheming, but it was due in no small part to Wisconsin being down two starting receivers. I suspect we'll be playing it safe in quarters soon enough. And we should. It's what works best for us.

@DaCat Thanks for the clear-headed response. Clearly the Galloway comment has some people triggered. I don't get why it's a big deal. First, it's a funny jab that we can brush off because we win. Second, whether it's Rece or Gus Johnson or whoever, the reality is, for the most part, we're a roster full of intelligent and overlooked players committed to improvement, discipline and the concept of the team over the individual, and that roster maximizes its talent week-in and week-out. I'd much rather be that than an underachieving bunch of elite talents (*cough* Michigan *cough*). Whatever. Agree to disagree, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT