ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Moose Mojo

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
I guess it is never too early to garner the Moose mojo for the season ahead. While last year's early sighting with a car struck moose in the middle of the road that had been ambling toward my house did not bode well for the rest of the season, yesterday the moose that crossed in front of me on the roadway made it safely to the other side as evident in these photos:

photo_zpsc165db6c.jpg

photo_zpsa6461544.jpg

photo_zps8443938b.jpg

I guess it is encouraging. Today the Moose migrated to just outside of my backyard. (I had chopped down some trees the other day and the Moose came over to enjoy the leaves and branches that were now laying horizontal on the ground as easy pickings.)

photo_zps6456cb9f.jpg

photo_zpsb4fcfa81.jpg

photo_zpsc2b8bc5a.jpg

photo_zps6037e28e.jpg

photo_zps29d23012.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the Moose can drum up some highly capable recruits this time of year.

I saw a beautiful and huge wolf cross the road in front of me the other day. Wish I had a camera out to catch a shot for you. It was in no hurry, thick gray coat, about 4 inches taller than a large german shepherd.

Where in Alaska are you Alaskawildkat? Two fellow wildcat undergrads and I, drove up to Alaska from Chicago for the last month of summer before the 1993 school year. It was an amazing trip for us. On our way back, I planned an 14 hour stop in Juneau off of the ferry to watch the NU v. ND game at a bar.

I saw a beautiful and huge wolf cross the road in front of me the other day. Wish I had a camera out to catch a shot for you. It was in no hurry, thick gray coat, about 4 inches taller than a large german shepherd.
Did you go over an measure it?

Where in Alaska are you Alaskawildkat? Two fellow wildcat undergrads and I, drove up to Alaska from Chicago for the last month of summer before the 1993 school year. It was an amazing trip for us. On our way back, I planned an 14 hour stop in Juneau off of the ferry to watch the NU v. ND game at a bar.

Welcome to the board Mossreport! Honored that your first post was here on this thread.

To answer the question, I am here in Anchorage. That was true dedication that you and your Wildcat companions caught the NU v. ND game during a planned stop in Juneau back in 1993. Were you able to travel to Pasadena at the end of the1995 season two years later after our winning streak against the Irish had been established? Maybe the Alaska karma you brought back helped to turn the tide.

Would have loved to see it. Time to get a Smart Phone?

Alaska, do you follow girls softball at all. My university just announced the signing of Morgan Hill, from Anchorage, to a softball scholarship. Her numbers look great, but I was wondering whether you have seen her play.

Alaska, do you follow girls softball at all. My university just announced the signing of Morgan Hill, from Anchorage, to a softball scholarship. Her numbers look great, but I was wondering whether you have seen her play.

I will have to check with my wife to see if she is a student in her class as that name sounds familiar. My own girls gravitated to soccer and tennis so never got into following the local high school girls softball.

Edited to add: I see now that Morgan attended my local high school, East High. (My wife teaches at a cross town rival. ) Now I am going to have to follow her college career. :)

Last edited:
Just posted my first ever video to Youtube so here is the above posted moose munching in motion to the serenading of the neighbor's dogs:

I will have to check with my wife to see if she is a student in her class as that name sounds familiar. My own girls gravitated to soccer and tennis so never got into following the local high school girls softball.

Edited to add: I see now that Morgan attended my local high school, East High. (My wife teaches at a cross town rival. ) Now I am going to have to follow her college career. :)
Alaska, Definitely worth following her college career. She signed with the currently number 1-ranked team in Division II. There are all sorts of great personal stories in the program (e.g., the head coach is retired Army from 101st Airborne - not a career coach), but the best story is their star pitcher. ESPN just published a story on her; here's the link http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...-perryman-star-pitcher-anti-stalking-advocate

With today's signing of the Dynamic Duo, it looks like the Moose and Wolf combined to give us a double treat.

Welcome aboard Meyler and Kolwich!

Last edited:

There was a nice write up about my high school's girls softball team in today's paper. They are undefeated and preparing to play for the Alaska State Championship this week.

Your college's recruit, Morgan Hill got special reference with the reporting, "Morgan Hill hit a team leading .605 with a team high .712 on-base percentage and 17 RBIs."

ADVERTISEMENT