ADVERTISEMENT

3* DE Daniel Joseph from Lake Forest...

Frabjous

Oct 3, 2013
the corner of Pork & Beans
...has verballed to Penn State. He had offers from Vandy, Duke and Stanford, among others, but not NU. What's up with that? Is he a Sox fan? Does he put ketchup on his hot dogs? Oh, better to chase kids from Cali and Texas than kids in your back yard.

...has verballed to Penn State. He had offers from Vandy, Duke and Stanford, among others, but not NU. What's up with that? Is he a Sox fan? Does he put ketchup on his hot dogs? Oh, better to chase kids from Cali and Texas than kids in your back yard.

Grades. And I'm pretty sure he's a Canadian who boards at LFA, so it's not like he's got any particular ties to Chicago and/or NU.

Oh, better to chase kids from Cali and Texas than kids in your back yard.

Maybe the grass is greener for him in places other than in his own back yard. Let's break this down Barney style. It takes two to tango. Everything happens for a reason. Roger that?

Grades. And I'm pretty sure he's a Canadian who boards at LFA, so it's not like he's got any particular ties to Chicago and/or NU.
How does he get Stanford and Duke if grades keep him out of NU?

How does he get Stanford and Duke if grades keep him out of NU?

Was just relaying what I had heard.

Stanford also makes "conditional" offers all the time (i.e. we reserve the right to dump you close to signing day if we want someone else while hiding behind academics). Not saying that's what happened here, but I hardly ever take anything out of that program at face value.

And Duke is not an academic comparable.

Maybe the grass is greener for him in places other than in his own back yard. Let's break this down Barney style. It takes two to tango. Everything happens for a reason. Roger that?

Hasn't the Houston area been huge for us in recruiting for several years? Venric is the big name that comes to mind. It pays off for us to be active in Texas and not just take every recruit from the north suburbs.

Also, to that original poster ... even your Sox fan joke was off. Fitz grew up in the south suburbs.

Hasn't the Houston area been huge for us in recruiting for several years? Venric is the big name that comes to mind. It pays off for us to be active in Texas and not just take every recruit from the north suburbs.

Venric Mark, David Nwabuisi, Christian Jones, Will Hampton. All big contributors in recent years, all from the Houston area. Omar Conteh and Kevin Mims before them. Nathan Fox, who turned down Oregon, coming in this year as a linebacker. Now the "Katy twins".

From the Dallas area, you've got Auston Anderson, Xavier Washington, Stephen Buckley, Treyvon Green, Brad North, Demetrius Fields. Point being, NU's recruited Texas well in recent years.

Venric Mark, David Nwabuisi, Christian Jones, Will Hampton. All big contributors in recent years, all from the Houston area. Omar Conteh and Kevin Mims before them. Nathan Fox, who turned down Oregon, coming in this year as a linebacker. Now the "Katy twins".

From the Dallas area, you've got Auston Anderson, Xavier Washington, Stephen Buckley, Treyvon Green, Brad North, Demetrius Fields. Point being, NU's recruited Texas well in recent years.
If you don't mention Trevor Rees his Mommy might get upset. We don't want that.

If you don't mention Trevor Rees his Mommy might get upset. We don't want that.

OK, Trevor Rees. Sorry about that. And Dwayne's Missouri's mom. And two other guys currently on the team - Macan Wilson and Jayme Taylor. Didn't mean to forget them. But not Daniel Joseph from Lake Forest, apparently also from Canada. He doesn't make the list (and now that I've tied this back to the original post in the thread, I'm done (thankfully)).

Like everything else, a 3* from Texas is bigger than a 3* most anywhere else.