ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Transfers

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
In their tweet about Alex Calarco's transfer to Maryland, Inside NU alluded to other players already in the transfer portal. Who are the other players?

In their tweet about Alex Calarco's transfer to Maryland, Inside NU alluded to other players already in the transfer portal. Who are the other players?
It seems like there are 3 groups of players in college baseball, at most schools (all but SEC)

1) Don't play. Frustrated. Portal.

2) Play well. Have opportunities to move up to a better program / conference. Portal.

3) In the middle. Stay.

It seems like there are 3 groups of players in college baseball, at most schools (all but SEC)

1) Don't play. Frustrated. Portal.

2) Play well. Have opportunities to move up to a better program / conference. Portal.

3) In the middle. Stay.
2.5) Play well. Hate your coach. Your teammates hate your coach, No changes made by the AD. Portal everyone.

Reactions: Dugan15
2.5) Play well. Hate your coach. Your teammates hate your coach, No changes made by the AD. Portal everyone.

I will say this about Jim Foster. He's not an easy coach to play for if you aren't recruited by him. He's painfully direct in a time, sport, and culture where very few people are painfully direct.

I think if you look, it's usually "portal everyone" when there are coaching changes made anymore. Unless you're a Top 25 program, which we certainly are not.

And therefore you're going to take your lumps for awhile. It's just a major culture change, and to expect anything other than an upperclass exodus to the portal would have been unlikely.

I will say this about Jim Foster. He's not an easy coach to play for if you aren't recruited by him. He's painfully direct in a time, sport, and culture where very few people are painfully direct.

I think if you look, it's usually "portal everyone" when there are coaching changes made anymore. Unless you're a Top 25 program, which we certainly are not.

And therefore you're going to take your lumps for awhile. It's just a major culture change, and to expect anything other than an upperclass exodus to the portal would have been unlikely.
😬

Ask the AD, if you can find him.
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT