ADVERTISEMENT

Beware the Ides of March

Much as I hate to say it, I really don't like this match up. The Badgers have two good big men, and I'm afraid we don't have anybody to guard them. We certainly can't play Preston and Hunger together, and Hunger is truly awful on defense.

It should be a low possession game which I feel like always is a plus for us but with that being said they are certainly talented. Will be tough. We can get it though.

Much as I hate to say it, I really don't like this match up. The Badgers have two good big men, and I'm afraid we don't have anybody to guard them. We certainly can't play Preston and Hunger together, and Hunger is truly awful on defense.
Unfortunately at this time of year and with two key players out, it's hard to say we'll like *any* matchup. Every team NU plays from here on out is likely to be about as good as Wisconsin (if not better).

I'm intrigued by the Purdue/Michigan State game. Not that I think the Spartans have much of a chance, but they may feel they have something to prove and want to be 100% sure they're no longer on the bubble. A Michigan State/Northwestern game tomorrow would hopefully be more entertaining than the one we just had with them.

• Wow
Reactions: CatManTrue
There are two teams that must beware and one will beware more by sunset.

NU is once again the underdog, where they're comfy, which is a good thing since they'll be there for a while.

Jump up and win another one, NU survivors - hang in there and in there and in there.

Just wait till tomorrow if we win. You're really going to hate that match up

The Matt injury really caps this team at the knees. Ty was bad enough, but taking Nicholson out completely changes the defense. I can only pray that Hunger somehow sees the light.
Preston was ok v MN. Their center got a TON of points, but he got a few himself and stayed out of foul trouble. I understand that the Wisconsin Big, Crowl, is rather soft, so if it ends up a shoot-out and not a dunk-fest, we may be ok. It's a "house money " game. We're in the Tourney.

Preston was ok v MN. Their center got a TON of points, but he got a few himself and stayed out of foul trouble. I understand that the Wisconsin Big, Crowl, is rather soft, so if it ends up a shoot-out and not a dunk-fest, we may be ok. It's a "house money " game. We're in the Tourney.
MN’s center scored 5 pts. The one who scored a ton was their 4 and was guarded almost always by Barnhizer. That is not to say we don’t lose a lot with the absence of MN. We do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT