ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: SUPERBACK ERIC ESHOO COMMITS TO NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I just confirmed that 3-star Wilmette (Ill.) Loyola Academy superback Eric Eshoo has committed to NU.

More to come...

Damn straight. There is something for everyone in this group. I think Eshoo's combination of size and speed is going to be a good weapon for this offense.

I think that other site that wrote that ill-advised premature piece on NU recruiting is going to be eating its words.

I think that other site is run by student journalists who want to make an impact with opinion, not fact. Kind of like how MSNBC, Fox, Vox, Druge, Slate, etc work. There, the "journalists' don't know what they're saying. Here, it's all of us couch potatoes that dribble on with crap.

I think that other site is run by student journalists who want to make an impact with opinion, not fact. Kind of like how MSNBC, Fox, Vox, Druge, Slate, etc work. There, the "journalists' don't know what they're saying. Here, it's all of us couch potatoes that dribble on with crap.

We're all susceptible to grabbing for clicks during a summer lull ... though there might have been a better way than trying to analyze star ratings ...

Reactions: SciCat
This class rocks. I can't remember a class where so many players had NU as their dream school. Ratings/stars are for fun conversations on message boards. This years class is going to experience a lot of wins. I hope they are able stay healthy are able to enjoy it.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
We're all susceptible to grabbing for clicks during a summer lull ... though there might have been a better way than trying to analyze star ratings ...

I love it. Changing the proverbial 4th grade paper from "How I spent my summer" to "How I grabbed clicks this summer."

I can't remember a class where so many players had NU as their dream school.

Northwestern has been generally and competitive and fun to watch for 20 years now. Having kids growing up and dreaming of being Cats is the school reaping the increased support of the program over that time.

Reactions: kreggk
Like someone said, he's Eshoo in. Welcome to Northwestern!!

Looks like a nice pickup We've had some good players from Loyola the past few years. Mulroe, Pat Hickey, Chance Carter. Feel like I'm forgetting One also

Even a college kid should know that 1) rankings are highly subjective; 2) comparing preliminary rankings of juniors with final rankings of past seniors is comparing oranges and tangerines; 3) statistical significance matters when comparing data sets.

That article was journalistic tripe and an insult to NU's academic standing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT