ADVERTISEMENT

Buy season tickets NOW?

grayarea

Aug 22, 2001
2015 season tickets go on sale now?

Is this really April or did I miss something. I would have thought the administration would wait for us to get over the 2014 disappointment.

arguing the benefits of season tickets by saying you would get dibs on bowl game seats is weak. Secondary markets have limited the reason for wildcat points, etc, if such things are attached to bowl tickets or single game tickets.

And a quick look at our schedule doesn't show one top 20 team. I think I'm being fair when I say we would be lucky to average 30,000, and I would have thought that the possibility existed that season tickets would actually go down, considering we don't play the top 5 BIG draws at home [OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, Nebraska, Michigan].

One note, end zone seats are, imo, incredibly valued and a heckuva deal. And they are much better than the corner sideline seats [101-103] which go for $40 more.

I really don't understand Chicagoland at all. 9 million people, and even when we have a truly exciting team, we only average about 35,000, even though we are in a solid conference. It's even worse for BB. We can't get any sell outs in BB even though we are in the best BB conference. Ticket prices are modest, and can't get 6,000 at a game with 9 million plus opponent travelers.

This isn't a knock on anything NU related, it's like Chicago is fixated on only pro sports. If we put Northwestern university in the cornfields of Ohio, we would get a ton more fans, imo. People complain about parking but the trains go right to the game, and campus parking is readily available.

I like the bigger jumbotron. It is still small, but I'm fine with it. Maybe they need some vinegar French fries or some sorta culinary item that is unique that makes more casual fans want to come to the game.

But one thing is for sure, NU got hosed on the BIG schedule this year. Nothing against Purdue, Minny, Iowa, PSU but only Iowa travels well.

FWIW: With all the new TV deals, i.e., BTN, SEC network, etc, I wonder if attendance is suppressed at other institutions that can't just stand on history? I mean, in the BIG, the season ticket base in Michigan, OSU, PSU is already well established with waiting lines, so nobody gives up their position. But I watched a very important MSU game this year and I noticed empty seats. IMO, teams that haven't had a historical large base of STH, are going to struggle.

Anyone here in 109?

What's the section like? I know it'll be mostly visitors, but it is terribly unbalanced?

This post was edited on 1/28 11:22 AM by thewildcat2011

Re: Anyone here in 109?

I'm in 108. I haven't noticed 109 to be all that visitor-intense. It's worse as you head farther toward the north end zone on the east side.

I'm in 110, and it was very visitor-heavy, to the point where I would generally meet up with my friends and go to the southwest corner (126 or so) so that we weren't surrounded by opponents. I had wishful thinking that more people would switch to be near the students, but that wasn't the case last season.

Thanks guys...pulled the trigger on 109...might as well be part of the solution on the east side.

I thought 110 was fine, better noise by the student section now.
Now if they would just figure out a way to adjust their quarterly schedule to better match those of all of the other schools then there wouldn't be two or three games played before the students are even in session....

Originally posted by Turk:
And a quick look at our schedule doesn't show one top 20 team. I think I'm being fair when I say we would be lucky to average 30,000, and I would have thought that the possibility existed that season tickets would actually go down, considering we don't play the top 5 BIG draws at home [OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, Nebraska, Michigan].
I, for one, am pumped for Stanford. I'll be at that game for sure.

108 straddles the 50, 109 primarily rests between the 40-30 yard lines. Usually purple sits in that section the higher up you go the more visitors you will see. Also on some premier games you may see some different fans. The student section is on the other side I think 111 or 112. In November when the temperature drops it is a little warmer there than the west side on the sunny days.

Welcome to the sunshine side. Remember to stand up on third down.

My knees feel good, so I'll be up and down like a madman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT