ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Alexander Undrafted

Medill90

Jan 30, 2011
I know we discussed his recruitment and his adolescent hat dance when he stiffed Illinois.

His fall is almost historic. From top five recruit to undrafted. I was surprised to read that he's only 6' 7' in socks. So undersized.

I hope he grows up, gets into a development league and makes something of his opportunity.

I know we discussed his recruitment and his adolescent hat dance when he stiffed Illinois.

His fall is almost historic. From top five recruit to undrafted. I was surprised to read that he's only 6' 7' in socks. So undersized.

I hope he grows up, gets into a development league and makes something of his opportunity.
I think more young African American men are starting to get it that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket no matter what people think of your "talent", especially those with good families or mentors to lean on. Alexander obviously spent way too much time listening to the sycophants and hangers-on and became uncoachable. Talent only takes you so far. Great story in Trib about Okafor's work ethic in high school..

ADVERTISEMENT