Coaching Carousel

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
I am going to predict that these schools have hit the coaching jackpot

#1 Arkansas-Chad Morris -brilliant offensive mind
#2 Nebraska-Scott Frost-will unfortunately revitalize NU
#3 Central Florida-another offensive genius

Moorehead is not a sexy coaching name but a very good fit with Mississippi State from a personality standpoint. I think he will do well there.

Moorhead is a stud...great hire for MSU. Also, interesting in that he has hired the Fordham head coach (Andrew Breiner) to be his OC. Breiner served as OC while Moorhead himself was the HC at Fordham. There's a terrific article in SI that outlines how the two developed the offense that traveled to Happy Valley and will now head to Starkville.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/09/20/joe-moorhead-penn-state-offense-fordham

Reactions: nu greek
Frost can get Nebraska back to its levels under Pelini or maybe slightly higher, but they're not going to be OSU or even Wisconsin. Less about him than the program itself.

How is Scott Frost going to revitalize Northwestern? We're doing pretty good without him.
There are a lot of posters that whine about NU being called NW so I have no problem calling
Nebraska NU

Chip Kelly seems like a natural fit at UCLA. I actually really like Mario Cristobal as Oregon as well.

Moorhead is a stud...great hire for MSU. Also, interesting in that he has hired the Fordham head coach (Andrew Breiner) to be his OC. Breiner served as OC while Moorhead himself was the HC at Fordham. There's a terrific article in SI that outlines how the two developed the offense that traveled to Happy Valley and will now head to Starkville.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/09/20/joe-moorhead-penn-state-offense-fordham

Kirk Ferentz hired a Fordham HC to be his first OC in 1999. It took time, but Iowa did go 8-0 in 2002, with a co-share of the Big Ten. Popular move ....

I grew up on Long Island so I have always followed Hofstra (sigh, bye bye), Stony Brook, Fordham and Wagner (probably the most forgotten and ignored program in the history of the world) football.

Moorehead is a stud and a great players coach. If my kids were football players and didn't want to play for Fitz, I would love for them to play for Joe M.

Great guy from all accounts. I remember reading that he sometimes skipped out on the very last Friday meetings Franklin wanted to have (Franklin was cool with it) because he was in charge of the Hot Dog stand at the High School football stadium where his sons were playing. He was also a volunteer fireman in State College.

Frost can get Nebraska back to its levels under Pelini or maybe slightly higher, but they're not going to be OSU or even Wisconsin. Less about him than the program itself.
Disagree. Frost is a stud. Look at his pedigree. Played under Bill Walsh, Tom Osbourne, Bill Belichik and Jon Gruden. Coached under Chip Kelly, Frank Solich, Mark Helfrich.

There is no reason he can’t turn UNL into what Oklahoma is now (he would be UNL’s Bob Stoops). This is not good news for us NU fans

Disagree. Frost is a stud. Look at his pedigree. Played under Bill Walsh, Tom Osbourne, Bill Belichik and Jon Gruden. Coached under Chip Kelly, Frank Solich, Mark Helfrich.

There is no reason he can’t turn UNL into what Oklahoma is now (he would be UNL’s Bob Stoops). This is not good news for us NU fans
Easy does it. I think Frost is a good hire, but he will need to be the savior himself to get Nebby to the NC, something Riley might do his first year.

And the stakes just keep getting raised in big bucks college football while some of our fans don't appreciate how hard it is to win seven straight Big Ten Games (only two had winning records, yada yada yada-of course, part of that is because they lost to us!)

And the stakes just keep getting raised in big bucks college football while some of our fans don't appreciate how hard it is to win seven straight Big Ten Games (only two had winning records, yada yada yada-of course, part of that is because they lost to us!)

Willie to FSU is going to stir things up in Florida. Seminoles will again have dominant talent across the board.

Closer to home, what can/should NU do to up its game beyond where Taj Fitz will take us?

Besides the Cushing thing. Need some new ideas.

Willie to FSU is going to stir things up in Florida. Seminoles will again have dominant talent across the board. Closer to home, what can/should NU do to up its game beyond where Taj Fitz will take us? Besides the Cushing thing. Need some new ideas.

Private players only dorm with food and snacks 24/7. It isn't THAT expensive to have a kitchen open with a couple of cooks at 3am.

More tutors less work for the guys but that might be controversial.

Private players only dorm with food and snacks 24/7. It isn't THAT expensive to have a kitchen open with a couple of cooks at 3am.

More tutors less work for the guys but that might be controversial.

Never gonna happen at NU.

Never gonna happen at NU.

I was being 99 percent sarcastic.

Though we really could have some guy making Club Sandwiches and burgers overnight, it would cost next to nothing. And it wouldn't have to be just for the football athletes. Whip up an omlette for chrissakes if a tennis player wants one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT