ADVERTISEMENT

Collins and the Cats excited for the season to tip off

Northwestern basketball held their first media availability of the 2023-24 season, check out our takeaways from what head coach Chris Collins had to say.
Good article. I stumbled upon that video last night on YouTube.

One thing I thought was interesting was that Chris Collins said twice "we're going to have to lean on our core guys... Boo, Ty, Matt and Brooks"

I was pleased to hear him add that it seemed like the team was pretty cohesive and sharing the ball on offense.
He also addressed the loss of Chase Audige and how they hoped to continue with an aggressive, trapping, team approach, giving Audige credit for his individual defensive performance.

He seemed pretty confident and relaxed. Definitely the first time I have listened to him being interviewed and not disagreed with one thing he said.

Oh and he did throw in "Everybody knows how great Chris Lowery is" or words to that effect. Nice to hear.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Good article. I stumbled upon that video last night on YouTube.

One thing I thought was interesting was that Chris Collins said twice "we're going to have to lean on our core guys... Boo, Ty, Matt and Brooks"

I was pleased to hear him add that it seemed like the team was pretty cohesive and sharing the ball on offense.
He also addressed the loss of Chase Audige and how they hoped to continue with an aggressive, trapping, team approach, giving Audige credit for his individual defensive performance.

He seemed pretty confident and relaxed. Definitely the first time I have listened to him being interviewed and not disagreed with one thing he said.

Oh and he did throw in "Everybody knows how great Chris Lowery is" or words to that effect. Nice to hear.
Not that it is a guarantee of success, but it certainly seems like this year's team will not have the cohesiveness problem that the 2017-18 team had following their tournament season. It sure seems like this year's group all like each other and support one another. It's a good start!

Not that it is a guarantee of success, but it certainly seems like this year's team will not have the cohesiveness problem that the 2017-18 team had following their tournament season. It sure seems like this year's group all like each other and support one another. It's a good start!
Is the exhibition tonight on BTN?

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT