ADVERTISEMENT

Collins gets multi-year contract extension

Time to avoid the basketball board for the next 6 months...

Willy, why would we redo the basketball stadium? So the Michigan State and Illinois fans that pack the place will enjoy their stay more 1 time a year.

Don't you dare, realcatfan! The board has been quite pleasant lately, especially with the absence of certain posters. We don't need good posters like you leaving!

Willy, why would we redo the basketball stadium? So the Michigan State and Illinois fans that pack the place will enjoy their stay more 1 time a year.
Actually no rcf. You make it a place that Chicago area BB fans want to watch a game. Also don't you think that as the Collins led teams win more games and make the post season there will be less room for those visiting fans. W-R's current amenities equal those of some high school gyms.

Actually no rcf. You make it a place that Chicago area BB fans want to watch a game. Also don't you think that as the Collins led teams win more games and make the post season there will be less room for those visiting fans. W-R's current amenities equal those of some high school gyms.

I don't know what high school basketball games you're going to, but I haven't seen any gyms that seat 8000, have an HD jumbotron, or have anything more than a kid sitting in the lunch room selling candy and soda.

But I don't really go to college basketball games because they have nice potties, cool lounges, great food... I go to watch basketball and cheer on my cats. So here's the questions I ask: are the sight lines good? I've never had a problem and even watched a game standing room only. I wouldn't want to sit above the student section. Not sure why there is a couple rows there. Are the seats reasonable comfortable? The seats are, the benches are not. I buy the seats to avoid that problem.

Nobody else is going to show up for amenities. There's a handful of people that will come to a game complain about this or that and never show up again. They're probably looking for a reason to not come anyway. The rest of people this world will show up if NU basketball becomes a consistent winner or if they just love the Cats to start with.

Great news. I'm glad he's at NU.

He just completed year 2 of his current 7 year contract, which would have taken him through the 2019-20 season. Probably more about the dough than the years from the quote he gave Teddy G.

Let's hope this extension turns out better than one other notable extension at NU........and I believe it will!

Last edited:
Great news. I'm glad he's at NU.

Let's hope this extension turns out better than one other notable extension at NU........and I believe it will!
Do you mean the other notable extension where the coach broke this big long futility streak and got the monkey off of his and his team's back? Cause I'm hoping it turns out EXACTLY LIKE THAT.

Do you mean the other notable extension where the coach broke this big long futility streak and got the monkey off of his and his team's back? Cause I'm hoping it turns out EXACTLY LIKE THAT.
I was referring to the coach who has had losing seasons 3 of the last 4 years and hasn't been to a bowl the last 2, unlike 70+ other schools each year.........maybe the monkey should go back on his back, a little pressure can bring out the best in a person.

I don't know what high school basketball games you're going to, but I haven't seen any gyms that seat 8000, have an HD jumbotron, or have anything more than a kid sitting in the lunch room selling candy and soda.

But I don't really go to college basketball games because they have nice potties, cool lounges, great food... I go to watch basketball and cheer on my cats. So here's the questions I ask: are the sight lines good? I've never had a problem and even watched a game standing room only. I wouldn't want to sit above the student section. Not sure why there is a couple rows there. Are the seats reasonable comfortable? The seats are, the benches are not. I buy the seats to avoid that problem.

Nobody else is going to show up for amenities. There's a handful of people that will come to a game complain about this or that and never show up again. They're probably looking for a reason to not come anyway. The rest of people this world will show up if NU basketball becomes a consistent winner or if they just love the Cats to start with.
Sorry but everyday BB fans do expect things like an inviting lobby, a concourse that traverses the entire arena, large food areas, including places to sit/stand, seats with backrests and numerous bathrooms on all levels. "Build it and they will come".

Sorry but everyday BB fans do expect things like an inviting lobby, a concourse that traverses the entire arena, large food areas, including places to sit/stand, seats with backrests and numerous bathrooms on all levels. "Build it and they will come".

The current WR is super convenient for me. I wish the seats were more comfortable, but they are tolerable. Parking is always easy whether I park in the lot or on the street.

The only reason I want a new WR/better BB faciliteis is because of the conventional wisdom that it will further help in recruiting. Otherwise, all the stuff like food areas and concourse are obstacles to get through and unappealing.

False. Wrigley Field doesn't have any amenities, you have to look at another guy while pissing in a water trough. There are no lobbies to eat. Over 40,000 people showed up in 2007 and 2008. Why? Because the Cubs where a playoff team. That dropped to 32000 because the Cubs finished 5th in the division 5 consecutive years.

The Big House gets 110,00+ a game. That place is a dump when it comes to amenities. A very big dump, but a dump none-the-less. They have port-a-potties for godsakes. That dropped 7000 a game this past season because they were losing.

Penn State's stadium also isn't very good. There is lots of endzone seating. It takes forever to walk up to the upper deck. The bathrooms are the water troughs, and the communal sink was leaking which is not exactly clean. They get 100,000+ per game.

When I went to Notre Dame this season, I was also unimpressed. It looks like something out of the 1960s. There is no jumbotron, no replays, and it's the same scoreboard a high school would use. The press box looked completely old fashion too. They sell out every game.

Why does it not matter? Because these teams are known for winning. NU basketball, will be known for winning, but it currently is not. As such, people don't come. It's not the temperature of the hot dogs or the prettiness of the concourse.

I was referring to the coach who has had losing seasons 3 of the last 4 years and hasn't been to a bowl the last 2, unlike 70+ other schools each year.........maybe the monkey should go back on his back, a little pressure can bring out the best in a person.
You guys keep dropping hints like this and I'm going to figure out who this anonymous coach is.

You're right, I hope after Collins gets the team to the NCAA we won't have a complete fluke of 2 injury plagued seasons. I never hope kids get hurt. If that does happen, I'll be grateful that we had a coach that could accomplish something no other human alive could.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Fitz is just so happy to have losing seasons and sit back and count his money! Get real. And his team, when healthy, would have beaten a lot of those "bowl" teams last year. In fact, they did beat Penn St, Wisconsin and Notre Dame who all won their bowl games!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT