ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Comments from official visitors AVS and Himon

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, I managed to get a hold of two of the three prospects who wound up their official visits today.

Alex VanSumeren

I only get a couple words from four-star DT Alex VanSumeren -- but given how rarely he talks to media, I was pretty happy with that. He declined to answer any more because, he said, "I think I just want to lay low right now. I will hit you up sometime soon." Here were his two brief answers.

How did the visit go? "Excellent."

What stood out the most? "Passion of the coaches. Positive culture."

Joseph Himon

Three-star RB Joseph HImon agreed to an interview via DM and answered all of my questions, so I'll post the story tomorrow. Here are a few quotes to whet your appetite:

"The best part of the visit was just being on campus and being able to interact with the players and coaching staff and also seeing the amazing facilities and campus."

"Coach Ayeni likes how I am a versatile back, I can do multiple like outside zone, screens, line up in slot, kicking game, etc. He see’s me fitting in the offense perfectly with all of the things that I mentioned."

"What Northwestern sells is that they are top 10 program academically and also on the field so you can get the feel of getting a good education and also play at a high-level of football."

"The campus and the facilities were beautiful like nothing I have seen before."

We'll try to get Trevon Howard some time tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News