ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Dynamic Duo - Kolwich and Meyler + Alaska bred Brown a Wlldcat + NOW THE GREAT 8

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Good things come in pairs. Through the fortuity of timing and karma, now forever linked.

Kudos to Deeringfish for calling it over on the Moose Mojo thread:

"Maybe the Moose can drum up some highly capable recruits this time of year."

The May Moose Mojo came through!

http://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/2015-moose-mojo.3780/

photo_zps6037e28e.jpg

photo_zps6456cb9f.jpg

Last edited:
Just call me the moose whisperer.

Pray tell what does this one's appearance along the trail I was hiking today foretell?

utf-8DSCN8606_zps69213de0.jpg

utf-8DSCN8607_zps4c1416f8.jpg

utf-8DSCN8611_zps35cdc4a9.jpg

Perhaps this "Trinity Tree" I came across on my Memorial Day hike bodes well for a third commit before the Month of May ends?

utf-8DSCN8624_zps21bf00db.jpg

utf-8DSCN8613_zpsd68f0db1.jpg

Last edited:
Pray tell what does this one's appearance along the trail I was hiking today foretell?

utf-8DSCN8606_zps69213de0.jpg

utf-8DSCN8607_zps4c1416f8.jpg

utf-8DSCN8611_zps35cdc4a9.jpg

Perhaps this "Trinity Tree" I came across on my Memorial Day hike bodes well for a third commit before the Month of May ends?

utf-8DSCN8613_zpsd68f0db1.jpg
It says,"Get off my trail."

I think you have provided the answer to the age-old question- do moose poop in the woods?

The Alaska Karma comes through. The third commit in May came from the Basketball side with 3 Star Point Guard Isiah Brown becoming a Wildcat! Welcome aboard!

Need I add:

"Brown grew up in Alaska, where basketball stars Mario Chalmers and Trajan Langdon were both family friends. Langdon, in fact, wound up playing with Collins for two years at Duke."

Last edited:
Need I add:

"Brown grew up in Alaska, where basketball stars Mario Chalmers and Trajan Langdon were both family friends. Langdon, in fact, wound up playing with Collins for two years at Duke."

Yes, glad you added that! NU has a new super secret recruiting pipeline up North! Truly a "Northwestern" recruit for NU!

Yes, glad you added that! NU has a new super secret recruiting pipeline up North! Truly a "Northwestern" recruit for NU!

Only Alaska recruits come here for the weather.

I'm sorry, but I no longer believe in that accursed Moose. Gone are the days when I waited with great anticipation for news of the Moose to appear. But, then when he did, we lost a ton of games. Either he is bad luck, or he has no influence or predictive power whatsoever. The Moose can make like a tree and get out of here for all I care.

I'm sorry, but I no longer believe in that accursed Moose. Gone are the days when I waited with great anticipation for news of the Moose to appear. But, then when he did, we lost a ton of games. Either he is bad luck, or he has no influence or predictive power whatsoever. The Moose can make like a tree and get out of here for all I care.

Bad day?

You non-believer!! That attitude will make sure the moose mojo really is dead.

Looks like Deeringfish a/k/a "The Moose Whisperer" has been working overtime. Added Moose sightings continue to correlate to added Commits. 6 more just in three days.

Congrats and an added welcome aboard to the Super 6! (Riley Lees, Alex Miller, Ben Skowronek, Aldan Smith, Gunner Vogel, and Jango Glackin.

NU Alum son and family here visiting to help the cause as evidenced by their Moose Encounters on the hiking trails this weekend and today: (Here is to the Alaska trek on the Winner Trail here foreshadowing a Winner Trail ahead in Evanston for the Wildcats with these new recruits leading the way.)

utf-8DSCN8823_zpsa2bbe9da.jpg

utf-8DSCN8794_zps01156cea.jpg

IMG_1742_zpsb036763b.jpg

Winner Trail's infamous "Hand Tram" allowing crossing of Glacier Creek Gulch at approximately mile 3 of the trail that originates from Alyeska Ski Lodge in Girdwood, Alaska:
IMG_1720_zpsa8e15d6a.jpg

utf-8DSCN8753_zpsef078c2a.jpg

utf-8DSCN8745_zpsd0f38e43.jpg

utf-8DSCN8773_zps5dc23bad.jpg

Last edited:
The moose told me there would be 4 by midnight Sunday. After that even the moose keeps some of his counsel to himself.

The moose told me there would be 4 by midnight Sunday. After that even the moose keeps some of his counsel to himself.

At least the Moose let you know the recruits were still coming. I had to go back and edit my post for completeness. Congrats again to the added six:

The now Super 6 ! (Riley Lees, Alex Miller, Ben Skowronek, Aldan Smith, Gunner Vogel, and Jango Glackin.)

Another Moose sighting and another recruit.

Congratulations and welcome aboard Tommy Carnifax - making it now a lucky 7 within 7 days!

Deeringfish, the E.F.Hutton of Moosedom continues to work his mojo magic as the Moose continue to listen.

Pictured is Moose captured on "film" this week at Mt McKinley National Park while visiting NU Alum son and family continue their Alaska vacation.. This morning another Moose appeared swimming across a lake as seen from the Alaska Railroad Train window while enroute to Whittier.

The Moose scouting the Campground at Mt McKinley Park earlier this week:

IMG_1769_zpsab5c10d2.jpg

Today - Riding the Rails to Whittier:

utf-8DSCN8884_zps98951f70.jpg

utf-8DSCN9520_zpsb7a0ef2a.jpg

Hiking into the mountains above Whittier:

utf-8DSCN9190_zpsc8eab1ff.jpg

utf-8DSCN9096_zpsd2da7cd1.jpg

The view from the hiking trail looking down at Whittier:
utf-8DSCN9145_zpsb96ffe4a.jpg

utf-8DSCN9185_zpsb4b42c7c.jpg

Whittier fishing docks and the 250 pound halibut we watched being unloaded:

utf-8DSCN9339_zps6d6357c6.jpg

utf-8DSCN9353_zps2bfb2523.jpg

utf-8DSCN9357_zps6a6f7833.jpg

Last edited:
With today's announcement that Jake Saunders is now a Wildcat, that now makes it 8 in 7days, the Super 7 has now morphed into the Great 8! Added welcome to Jake.

(Also a belated thanks to Deeringfish the Moose Whisperer as there was a Mother Moose and her calf along side the road last night as I was rushing to pick up some freshy caught shrimp from a family friend. Due to time constraints I didn't pull off the road to capture a photo so instead here are some pictures of alternative Alaska animal wildlife taken from Monday's train ride returning from Seward, Alaska. My NU Alum son caught on his iPhone the photos of the 3 bear cubs and the sow climbing a tree - where they look like ants on a log in the picture.)

IMG_1881_zpsaa9b8ef4.jpg

IMG_1882_zpsa74930cd.jpg

Last edited:
Truth is , I saw a moose myself in the UP about a month ago. I think that is what got my moose mojo going.

Truth is , I saw a moose myself in the UP about a month ago. I think that is what got my moose mojo going.

Interesting.

For what it is worth here is another alternative Alaska Wildlife iPhone shot caught by my NU Alum son on the train ride back to Anchorage from Seward. Pictured is a Bald Eagle.

IMG_1885_zps5198d7cd.jpg

IMG_1885_zps5198d7cd.jpg

And here is a view of the train from the train from which the above photos were shot:

photo3_zps941397ce.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT