ADVERTISEMENT

Dammit Lou, please put up the direct pull downs to forums

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Have asked nicely already, so I'll do it again.

Can you pretty please with a cherry on top have Rivals install pull downs like on the old board, so that I don't have to go through multiple steps to navigate between boards?

It shouldn't be that hard.

The lack of pull downs is seriously messing up my user experience. I feel like I'm being forced to use thread view and be a knuckle dragger.

DAMNIT ECAT. LOU ISN'T IN CHARGE OF WEBSITE DESIGN AND LAYOUT FOR RIVALS IF SO HE WOULD PROBABLY BE DOING A BETTER JOB THAN THE PEOPLE CURRENTLY IN THAT POSITION AND MAKING MONEY THAN HE CURRENTLY IS FROM THIS SITE!!!!

Last edited:
DAMNIT ECAT. LOU ISN'T IN CHARGE OF WEBSITE DESIGN AND LAYOUT FOR RIVALS IF SO HE WOULD PROBABLY BE DOING A BETTER JOB THAN THE PEOPLE CURRENTLY IN THAT POSITION AND MAKING MONEY THAN HE CURRENTLY IS FROM THIS SITE!!!!

DAMMIT SHAKES, I know that, I'm not trying to give the man a hard time. But, he does have the ability to filter my feedback back to the folks in charge so they can do something to improve the customer experience. As it is, I'm less active on the boards because of the lack of the feature. I suppose some people will say that's a good thing, but that's another matter altogether, and the point is that in general, Rivals can't be happy if users are less active because of the lack of a critical feature.

What a coincidence, Rivals shows a 100% increase in clicks by users and ad revenue related to user views doubles, since we can't go directly to the pages we want to see. Another successful tech company showing dramatic growth...

What a coincidence, Rivals shows a 100% increase in clicks by users and ad revenue related to user views doubles, since we can't go directly to the pages we want to see. Another successful tech company showing dramatic growth...
Well it takes a lot more clicks to get where you want to go on the new format. For example want to get to a commitment list? Have to go through several more steps to get there. The new system is very cumbersome and yet the old system still exists but it takes several steps to get there. I have to agree with Ecat here. It is a lousy replacement.

Have asked nicely already, so I'll do it again.

Can you pretty please with a cherry on top have Rivals install pull downs like on the old board, so that I don't have to go through multiple steps to navigate between boards?

It shouldn't be that hard.

The lack of pull downs is seriously messing up my user experience. I feel like I'm being forced to use thread view and be a knuckle dragger.

I am not in charge of web design for Rivals, but I do have a navigation solution that may do the trick for you. In the upper right corner of the page, below the masthead, there is a tree-like icon. Click it and a menu will pop-up that gives you access to any board in one click.

Dammit, E, does that make you happy?

I am not in charge of web design for Rivals, but I do have a navigation solution that may do the trick for you. In the upper right corner of the page, below the masthead, there is a tree-like icon. Click it and a menu will pop-up that gives you access to any board in one click.

Dammit, E, does that make you happy?
That is better! Now ask them why they used such and obscure icon.

I have the message board, not the site, saved as a favorite so it takes me right to it with no clicks.

But...topic view sucks

Reactions: FloridAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT