ADVERTISEMENT

Damn that was fun!

zbag51

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2018
Was at the game tonight, got sweet pics and videos of the record breaking play and celebration after the game. When i sent my dad a video of Boo dancing after the celebration, he said he was surprised after Boo got stepped on so hard towards the end. I had no idea anything had happened!

I just got home. I must say the atmosphere was electric especially once the team settled in. You could see them being active and high effort but definitely pressing — felt like it was for Boo. The team has legit size with Mart getting more minutes and it feels like everyone can score. We have the potential to be a problem for the rest of the conference season and beyond.

And Boo busting out the griddy was amazing. He danced from mid court all the way into the tunnel lol

Nice pics Z. In the post-game ceremony for Boo, the PA guy said he was being joined by his family, by Coach Collins, and by Derrick Gragg. Except one of those was already back home on his couch in Glenview. Unbelievable. Or actually, quite believable.

I take it back. I see from Z’s video that Gragg was actually there, standing with his hands in his pockets near the exit, waiting to make his getaway.

I hated to hear it in the car. But McKinney put a really nice cherry on the postgame sundae in an interview with Boo. It was a quiet little tradition he and Shurna were passing down that started with Jim Burns I believe. It would be nice if WGN made his story available.

Reactions: EagerFan
Why he sent more time hugging Jawon than he did with any of our players/coaches?
What's the over under on posts on any thread on any board before someone posts an attack on Gragg? It's getting tiresome. This is a thread by a poster celebrating a monumental accomplishment by player - who gives a F#@K about Gragg.

For the record he was there all night talking to fans in the Wilson Club.

I was again less than impressed with my conversation with him. Others I spoke to felt similarly. In fact, “matter of time” was a common phrase used.

I hated to hear it in the car. But McKinney put a really nice cherry on the postgame sundae in an interview with Boo. It was a quiet little tradition he and Shurna were passing down that started with Jim Burns I believe. It would be nice if WGN made his story available.
Wasn't able to hear the interview, what was the tradition?

I was again less than impressed with my conversation with him. Others I spoke to felt similarly. In fact, “matter of time” was a common phrase used.
Same. He's just a very dry person to talk to. Not a lot of excitement or enthusiasm, ever.

Wasn't able to hear the interview, what was the tradition?
That the former record holder would call the new points leader and congratulate them, starting a bit of a mentor-type relationship. Shurna reached out to both Boo and Billy, congratulating and lamenting not being able to be there in person given he is STILL playing pro ball in Spain. Classy, kind, and awesome.

Departing the game last night, I was strolling south along Walker Way. I could hear a Michigan fan ranting about his team, and all the things they do wrong. He was also ranting about all the things we do right. He ranted "Brooks Barnhizer. Brooks Barnhizer! He handles the ball, he boxes out, shoots 3s, works inside. He's a complete basketball player. We don't have anyone like him!"

Crush your enemies.
See them driven before you.
Hear the lamentations of the Michigan fans.

That is cool, I remember the Billy/Shurna connection, but I didn't realize it went back to Burns. I would like to know more.

Departing the game last night, I was strolling south along Walker Way. I could hear a Michigan fan ranting about his team, and all the things they do wrong. He was also ranting about all the things we do right. He ranted "Brooks Barnhizer. Brooks Barnhizer! He handles the ball, he boxes out, shoots 3s, works inside. He's a complete basketball player. We don't have anyone like him!"

Crush your enemies.
See them driven before you.
Hear the lamentations of the Michigan fans.
Seems like I heard a bunch of similar stuff at the Indiana game and how nobody in Indiana tried recruiting him and what a failure by Indiana and Purdue letting him escape was.

Getting pretty exciting at WR these days. Likely to set some home W records. Looks like everybody is having a mighty good time. Great moment to remember for Boo.

Congrats to the team and the coaches in holding together with the huge loss of TB. As the end of the game came and NU pulled away, NU looked strong. Waited on channel for a few words from CCC, but noooooooooooo...

Sure thing. I also think Brooks should keep that headband look.

What's the over under on posts on any thread on any board before someone posts an attack on Gragg? It's getting tiresome. This is a thread by a poster celebrating a monumental accomplishment by player - who gives a F#@K about Gragg.
When he does something good, I’ll stop attacking him. Anything,

He’s improving.

Most of what an AD does is behind the scenes, including specifically fundraising. There were have to judge on the results over time, not our perceptions or what is our isn't happening. And you can't go on just a year or two, because the stock market has a huge impact on philanthropy.

Most of what an AD does is behind the scenes, including specifically fundraising. There were have to judge on the results over time, not our perceptions or what is our isn't happening. And you can't go on just a year or two, because the stock market has a huge impact on philanthropy.
Well the stock market is roaring like a madman right now, so no excuses

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT