ADVERTISEMENT

David Braun, Big Ten Coach of the Year

Crazy impressive performance. Would have been easy for the team to mail it in after getting clobbered by Puke and falling way behind the Fighting Flecksters. Could have fallen apart after Bryant went down and two heartbreaking losses. They never gave up. Good leadership, Coach

Reactions: drewjin
Crazy impressive performance. Would have been easy for the team to mail it in after getting clobbered by Puke and falling way behind the Fighting Flecksters. Could have fallen apart after Bryant went down and two heartbreaking losses. They never gave up. Good leadership, Coach
I feel like the true test for him is still to come. Retention of players over the next 24 months.

I feel like the true test for him is still to come. Retention of players over the next 24 months.
Heck, even the next 24 WEEKS. We had a ton of guys on the field for Senior Day, and many of them have eligibility left.

We will have to have a solid NIL program to attract/retain.. We have an NIL, I just have no idea if it is funded sufficiently for NUFB needs. Top transfer QBs expect $1M. "Developing" can't be the only answer, or they will leave once developed. Sure wish we could carve out even 50M of the stadium money

Just amazing to end up 7-5 after that start to the season. For sure the 4th quarter against Minny was an inflection point, but also going 2-2 with Bryant out kept us from tanking again. And really, both those losses were 1 score games that we definitely could have won. Closing out the season with 3 extremely impressive wins - stomping on Wisconsin at Camp Randall, leading Purdue the whole game, and slugging it out and leading almost the whole game in Champaign. Such an awesome finish to the season. And so close if not for one pass and very long field goal at the end of the game we could be West champions.

Yes, there is a tough job ahead for David Braun and NU football but can you imagine how tough it would be if we go 2-10 or 1-11 this season? Braun brought credibility back to the program. I remember leaving the Illini game a year ago and saying to myself, that looked an awful lot like the Dark Ages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT