ADVERTISEMENT

David Lipsky

Dylan Wu 4 shots back thru 15 holes. . . wonder why they're not playing together?

Dylan Wu 4 shots back thru 15 holes. . . wonder why they're not playing together?
How are "team" members in New Orleans chosen? Self-selected, or randomly drawn, or what? I really don't know. Agree that it would be great for two ex-Cats to be together, but I don't see evidence that it can be done.

This has to be the easiest course in PGA Tour history! The leader shot 60 and several, including Lipsky, shot 61

Reactions: GOUNUII
How are "team" members in New Orleans chosen? Self-selected, or randomly drawn, or what? I really don't know. Agree that it would be great for two ex-Cats to be together, but I don't see evidence that it can be done.

Self-selected. That’s why there’s been things like Brooks Koepka playing with his brother in past years, or a PGA player playing with a friend from the Korn Ferry tour.

Won't be so easy today and Sunday, however, as the format changes to foursomes (alternate shot). Also known as "sorry". . . for the number of times you have to say that to your partner after your shot puts him in a bad spot.

Self-selected. That’s why there’s been things like Brooks Koepka playing with his brother in past years, or a PGA player playing with a friend from the Korn Ferry tour.
Indeed. Ryan Palmer has received a lot of press this week for his ability to select partners (last three have been Jordan Speith, Jon Rahm -- with whom he won, and this week Scottie Scheffler. He apparently recruited Scottie by photoshopping his picture onto the winning photo taken of himself and Rahm from 2 years ago.

Reactions: No Chores
Wu and his partner, Justin Lower, had just an awful back 9 putting. They showed Wu's chip to 4 feet on 18 for a birdie, but Lower missed to remain -22 .

Finishes:
Lipsky-Rai -23, t-4th, Lipsky now 97th in FedEx list.
Wu-Lower -22, t-10th, Wu now 158th in FedEx.

Both in the field, Luke Donald as well, next week in Mexico.

Wu and his partner, Justin Lower, had just an awful back 9 putting. They showed Wu's chip to 4 feet on 18 for a birdie, but Lower missed to remain -22 .

Finishes:
Lipsky-Rai -23, t-4th, Lipsky now 97th in FedEx list.
Wu-Lower -22, t-10th, Wu now 158th in FedEx.

Both in the field, Luke Donald as well, next week in Mexico
I watched it! Bad putting Still top ten for both!

Nice when you don't have to rely on a partner. T6 for Lip -- $238k. 85th on money list for over $943k!

Reactions: DaCat
Nice when you don't have to rely on a partner. T6 for Lip -- $238k. 85th on money list for over $943k!
I watched the tournament and was surprised at how athletic and young these guys were! They all hit it 325 with their drives and were able to hit long irons 240 easy! New game when any par five under 560 is easily reachable in 2 shots! You can’t make the course long enough for these guys!

Golf has evolved in the past 30 years. The improved properties of the ball and clubs have made many courses obsolete for the elite player. The Trackman monitor and others allow players to achieve maximum swing and ball mechanics. If you multiply your swing speed by 2.7, you can determine your maximum driving distance(example 100mph x 2.7=270 yards) Most of us will be disappointed by the numbers we can generate. Relying on golf for a retirement activity can be very frustrating. Moving to more forward tees is antithetical to the male persona. My club put in “Silver Tees” between the white and red tees but they are not used because the members have named them the “transgender tees” as they are between the men‘s and women’s tees.

• Haha
Reactions: Bweiny
Impossible to stop a 135 mile an hour serve! Just like a routine 325 yard drive gives a wedge to many greens! Who can compete? Scottie Scheffler is a beast like the rest of em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT