ADVERTISEMENT

Dermot Mulroney?

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
I like him as an actor! It says on wiki he went to Northwestern. Anyone know when he graduated? Major? Dorm? I may have seen him on campus. Looks like he was in Joe Girardi's class. Not sure.

I like him as an actor! It says on wiki he went to Northwestern. Anyone know when he graduated? Major? Dorm? I may have seen him on campus. Looks like he was in Joe Girardi's class. Not sure.
He was in the same fraternity as me, but he was gone by the time I started as a freshman. But he was talked about in the hallowed halls of Phi Gamma Delta. We had a bunch of guys who were in the theater, and if you went onto pretty good careers in theater and cinema, But I never met Mulroney at any of our alumni events

Reactions: Titanium999
He was in the same fraternity as me, but he was gone by the time I started as a freshman. But he was talked about in the hallowed halls of Phi Gamma Delta. We had a bunch of guys who were in the theater, and if you went onto pretty good careers in theater and cinema, But I never met Mulroney at any of our alumni Cool! Good actor for sure!

He was there when I was and I remember him as part of an incredibly talented Mee-Ow Show (annual improv show) cast that included Craig Bierko. Known as a kind, humble person among my numerous theater friends. Played the cello.

He was there when I was and I remember him as part of an incredibly talented Mee-Ow Show (annual improv show) cast that included Craig Bierko. Known as a kind, humble person among my numerous theater friends. Played the cello.
Wrassler tried out for the Mee Ow show in 1984. Didn't make it past the first cuts!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Wrassler tried out for the Mee Ow show in 1984. Didn't make it past the first cuts!
I think I tried out in 1983 and didn't make it, either, and when I saw the show with Mulroney, and Bierko and others it was clear they were at a much, much higher level. I got together with my friends in Rubber Teeth to do something else.

I think I tried out in 1983 and didn't make it, either, and when I saw the show with Mulroney, and Bierko and others it was clear they were at a much, much higher level. I got together with my friends in Rubber Teeth to do something else.
Cool!

To my credit, I never watched Friends or anything of that ilk. So I wasn’t aware of him until the 2000s.

My favorite Dermot role is probably his one as the underwhelming son-in-law to Jack Nicholson in “About Schmidt”. Great film, understated part, and he shines in it.

To my credit, I never watched Friends or anything of that ilk. So I wasn’t aware of him until the 2000s.

My favorite Dermot role is probably his one as the underwhelming son-in-law to Jack Nicholson in “About Schmidt”. Great film, understated part, and he shines in it.
Remember "The Wedding Date"?

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
That is pretty cool to learn. There is an Alaska connection as well.

He had an important role in the Alaska filmed Hollywood based movie, "Big Miracle." I evenI got to watch him along with Drew Barrymore, Kristin Bell, and John Krasinski as they appeared on the built for the movie Ice Field Set that I could view from my office balcony.

DSC_0327-2.jpg
DSC_0168.jpg

Last edited:

He had an important role in the Alaska filmed Hollywood based movie, "Big Miracle." I evenI got to watch him along with Drew Barrymore, Kristin Bell, and John Krasinski as they appeared on the built for the movie Ice Field Set that I could view from my office balcony.

DSC_0327-2.jpg
DSC_0168.jpg
Kristen Bell is amazing!

DSC_0327-2.jpg
DSC_0168.jpg
Crazy. I was checking for images of Dermot Mulroney and up popped his face pictured just above mine from my role in an episode of Hawaii Five-0.

IMG_8681.jpg

Reactions: drewjin
Here are some of the Dermot Mulroney photos of him in his role as a head National Guardsman and helicopter pilot in the Alaska filmed movie "Big Miracle."

IMG_8659.jpg
IMG_8667.jpg
IMG_8662.jpg
IMG_8658.jpg

He could very well have been in Girardi's class. I think he graduated in the mid to later 80's, I remember seeing both of them quite often, Girardi at church at the Sheil Center and Mulroney in Annie May Swift. Therefore, I think he was actually a film major.

He was my classmate in intro to video and then again in television studio. In the studio class, he was the on camera talent for the commercial I directed. He did an excellent job memorizing the script then performing it, and he earned the only perfect score for that challenging potion of the class. I wrote a part and cast him in another project for that class as a cello player in a restaurant for a situation comedy episode we produced. He's a talented guy, and he represents NU well.

He could very well have been in Girardi's class. I think he graduated in the mid to later 80's, I remember seeing both of them quite often, Girardi at church at the Sheil Center and Mulroney in Annie May Swift. Therefore, I think he was actually a film major.

I used to hang out with Girardi,Mike Huff,Tom Hildebrand,,and a few baseball players who ate at Elder Hall. The team took 2nd in Big Ten with Girardi being an All American. All great guys. We laughed all the time. I graduated in 84 and they were all 2 tears younger than me. Huff is on BT Network and played professionally with White Sox. Huff was faster than lightning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT