ADVERTISEMENT

Fastest Wildcat

mybrotha

Jul 21, 2011
Who is fastest Cat on the current roster and what is there 40 time? I know it should be between Shuler, Vault and Anderson just not sure who of those three has the best time. I'm thinking Anderson though.

Who is fastest Cat on the current roster and what is there 40 time? I know it should be between Shuler, Vault and Anderson just not sure who of those three has the best time. I'm thinking Anderson though.

In terms of straight-up pure speed that theoretically applies best to football, its probably between Miles Shuler (PRs: 6.39 55-meter dash and 10.39 100-meter) and Jelani Roberts (PRs: 6.42 55-meter dash and 10.68 100-meter). Solomon Vault (6.55 55-meter and 10.66 100-meter ), John Moten (10.58 100-meter), and a couple others could probably give those two a literal run for their money.

Track speed is obviously different from "football speed," as Anderson is very explosive on tape but didn't have great track times (11.16 100-meter, albeit as a sophomore).

In terms of straight-up pure speed that theoretically applies best to football, its probably between Miles Shuler (PRs: 6.39 55-meter dash and 10.39 100-meter) and Jelani Roberts (PRs: 6.42 55-meter dash and 10.68 100-meter). Solomon Vault (6.55 55-meter and 10.66 100-meter ), John Moten (10.58 100-meter), and a couple others could probably give those two a literal run for their money.

Track speed is obviously different from "football speed," as Anderson is very explosive on tape but didn't have great track times (11.16 100-meter, albeit as a sophomore).

My select track team ran against AA since he was 6 years old in the summers in Texas. He has always been really fast. His PR for his sophomore year was 10.86 per Dyestat site link below:
http://parser.dyestat.com/search.jsp?eventSearch=null&eventSearch=null&eventSearch=null&athID=212313
I believe the hip injury prevented him from running his senior year but my son ran with him at his HS a couple of weeks ago and said his speed was back to pre-injury levels. I would add the freshman Jenkins to this list as well. Only way to really answer this question is to have them race in a 40, 60 and 100.

I believe the hip injury prevented him from running his senior year but my son ran with him at his HS a couple of weeks ago and said his speed was back to pre-injury levels. .

Great to hear he is fully recovered!!

ADVERTISEMENT