ADVERTISEMENT

Fenwick QB Marek Hill recaps Northwestern visit

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021

2024 QB Marek Hill was the only player still being recruited by Northwestern that visited for the Howard game. I talked to him about his visit, the possibility of a PWO or outright offer, and his impression of the program.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I just don’t understand why he’d commit if he won’t even know who the coach is. I hate this whole intern coach situation…

Hill could be the fellow who resurrects NU QB performance. Big, vertical passing ability, with some moves. If Braun can commit him, he should no longer be interim.

Let’s get him signed as a PWO. Chicago Catholic League kid who, as the QB of his team, is likely a good athlete with good size if anything, and is a smart kid with Ivy offers.

I would think that PWO offers at NU may have actually gotten easier for some families because I believe NU meets full need without loans for a pretty generous family income range.

Yes, he's big, can move and throws a good deep ball. What did you see, or not? You are no doubt a better evaluator of talent than me, which is why I ask.

I don’t see a D1 scholarship QB, that’s for sure. Mediocre arm, very long release, decent size. If you’re at Fenwick and only have D2 and D3 interest, there’s a reason.

As is always the case, there’s never ever such a thing as a bad PWO. But… If that’s a guy we scholarship… eesh.

I don’t see a D1 scholarship QB, that’s for sure. Mediocre arm, very long release, decent size. If you’re at Fenwick and only have D2 and D3 interest, there’s a reason.

As is always the case, there’s never ever such a thing as a bad PWO. But… If that’s a guy we scholarship… eesh.
Agree with all of this (although I always hesitate to diagnose a player’s ability from afar). The one reason we might offer, however, is if this is literally the only type of player we can pull in this class. With NIL such a driving factor, I have no clue how you pull in anyone of (predicable) quality.

Agree with all of this (although I always hesitate to diagnose a player’s ability from afar). The one reason we might offer, however, is if this is literally the only type of player we can pull in this class. With NIL such a driving factor, I have no clue how you pull in anyone of (predicable) quality.

I would much rather take a guy out of the portal with higher potential than literally taking a guy to take a guy.

Reactions: drewjin

There is a such thing as bad PWO. The hazing scandal proves that.

I would much rather take a guy out of the portal with higher potential than literally taking a guy to take a guy.
Lloyd Yates and Carl Richardson are good examples of ‘taking a guy’.

Just three more months, and perhaps a high school quarterback will consider NU for the offense, and not the education.

What makes you think we can get people out of the portal anymore that are better than who we can get recruiting?

What makes you think we can get people out of the portal anymore that are better than who we can get recruiting?

The opportunity to start at a B1G program is very enticing. There are a finite number of starting P5 opportunities in the country. An experienced transfer QB will always trump an incoming frosh (at NU).

Reactions: mshelton33

Wasn’t precise enough… because I’m assuming the portal addition would occur once a permanent HC is in place.

Columbia and Penn are the only schools offering, and we are supposed to be high on this kid? Rivals doesn't have him rated yet, but if all the interest he is garnering is from the Ivy league and some Div II and III teams, how is he going to crack making the team, much less the starting lineup? I realize that the program is in the depths of despair, but god damn we are a B1G team still. We aren't going to get back to where we were 5-8 years ago by wasting offers on kids that nobody else wants or deems worthy of an offer. I mean we aren't very competitive now with the straight up 3 star talent we have been recruiting. Our only glimmer of hope to make a bowl this season is that the frigging West is garbage outside of Wisconsin, thus if we do see some improvement after the bye, we should be playing somewhere during the Holiday season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT