ADVERTISEMENT

For those in attendance...

It was a really good crowd and the students were great too. I'm the first to trash the student body, but they were great today.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The students that were there were great. Unfortunately, now that they've sold off extra portions of the baseline seats, I would not say they were there in droves. It was, however, great fun watching the looks on Fitz's face when the football players got just a tad over-the-top excited. Those looks were priceless - like he wanted to tone them down and give them a maturity lecture but couldn't and just had to let it slide. I pegged football attendance at 40-45 or so. A very fine showing - and the helmets were a nice touch, as was the Olah chant like the European "olay, olay, olay... Olay, olay". I think we'll be hearing more of that now that it's been blessed by football players...

Originally posted by Mr. Stupor:
The students that were there were great. Unfortunately, now that they've sold off extra portions of the baseline seats, I would not say they were there in droves. It was, however, great fun watching the looks on Fitz's face when the football players got just a tad over-the-top excited. Those looks were priceless - like he wanted to tone them down and give them a maturity lecture but couldn't and just had to let it slide. I pegged football attendance at 40-45 or so. A very fine showing - and the helmets were a nice touch, as was the Olah chant like the European "olay, olay, olay... Olay, olay". I think we'll be hearing more of that now that it's been blessed by football players...
I saw that one of Fitz's sons was over there with the players. Perhaps that was what he was concerned about...that his son might get too carried away by the players controlled rowdiness.

Was a really great crowd, lot's of purple. I wish we had these type crowds when the hoards invade.

Are you saying they gave away student seats? If so that's great! There were still plenty of extra seats in their section today even though the turnout was much better than premium games. I'd love the problem of having too many students for both sections.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

After that win I would think Wednesday night would be great. I loved that the football team came dressed. Do any other schools do that and do you think it will become a tradition?

It was a lot of fun. The football players were great and balanced out the student sections. The rest of the crowd was in to it. Not many PSU fans. At one point in the second half, we came out of a break and the music was blaring and the crowd was really loud and you could see McIntosh with a big grin on his face thinking "this is what a home court should be." These players need to be more patient with the fans than we do with them. These guys can really build something.

Was this a purple pricing game? Any idea what the rafters price closed at? Purple pricing is still a rarity, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT