ADVERTISEMENT

Foster fired. Hope Gragg next.

Hoping @lunker is now comfortable in sharing his insights. Maybe on the Rock?
I’ll share it here but Danny Parkins and the Inside NU people hit the nail on the head. Foster is a really bad guy. Unlike what’s happening with Fitz this was direct abuse from him with both the players and other coaches. People were begging for the media to run with it for months but also had to be careful because there was an ongoing investigation and they were in the middle of their god awful season. I’m incredibly disappointed that Foster even got to coach this year because when the assistants walked that should have been the end of it for Foster. Instead he got to have one of the worst seasons in NU history and ruin it for 30+ players who will forever have that scar. I wish I could have given more info but if I did people could have been in trouble, but this was a colossally bad hire from day 1.

Genuine question: how did he have fairly sustained success at Rhode Island and Army? Did those teams win despite him? Did all of those players hate him? Did those teams have lots of guys transfer out? We’ve learned from the articles that Gragg never asked those questions and outsourced the hiring process.

It sounds like he was a nightmare from Day 1 at NU so it’s hard to see how he ever succeeded.

Genuine question: how did he have fairly sustained success at Rhode Island and Army? Did those teams win despite him? Did all of those players hate him? Did those teams have lots of guys transfer out? We’ve learned from the articles that Gragg never asked those questions and outsourced the hiring process.

It sounds like he was a nightmare from Day 1 at NU so it’s hard to see how he ever succeeded.

It’s a great question. I know I was totally fooled…thought he was a solid hire. Saw a couple of tweets from folks at Army saying they weren’t surprised about the allegations.

I'm not sure his record at Rhode Island is THAT impressive, but as for Army, there is a saying:

"There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Army way."

The students at West Point are already being drilled in Army discipline and I suspect are inured to some level of drill instructor antics. I also suspect that the cadets are less likely to hit the transfer portal, so you could probably say that he had a captive audience.

I'm not sure why Foster was "suspended indefinitely" and not just out and out fired? Seems like a gutless move by Gagg, but there must be some kind of technical/monetary nuance perhaps. How he was allowed to stay this long is unfathomable and all on Gagg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT