ADVERTISEMENT

Free board Super Bowl thread

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
I find myself bracing for when Kelce and Taylor Swift break up. I don’t think our country’s collective heart can handle it.

49ers are favored by 1.5, but I’d be fearful to bet against Mahomes. Let’s chop it up my fellow freeloaders.

Reactions: rmndcat
Interesting ending coming up to an otherwise boring game
There’s a wrap, folks. Congratulations to Kansas City, the Chiefs wore them out. I can’t help but wonder what impact injuries had on the 49ers.

Hopefully Kelce retires or ghosts Swift in the offseason so we don’t have to hear about her again.

Reactions: HailToPurple
There’s a wrap, folks. Congratulations to Kansas City, the Chiefs wore them out. I can’t help but wonder what impact injuries had on the 49ers.

Hopefully Kelce retires or ghosts Swift in the offseason so we don’t have to hear about her again.
I can’t tell if Purdy is good or not but the team with the better (putting it lightly) QB won.

Mahomes is just amazing. The play where MVS turned a seven-yard gain into a four-yard loss tells you everything you need to know about what he was working with.

He just makes every play.

And wow Romo ruined the final minute and the post-call analysis. Yeesh.

Reactions: rmndcat and TheC
Also, for the record: that was the lamest batch of Super Bowl commercials that I can recall.

Those companies may as well have lit $7M+ on fire.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
So, I’ll admit to paying attention but not paying *that* much attention.

Did Nantz-Romo discuss how overtime rules in the playoffs differ from regular season playoff rules? It’s crazy to me (now knowing the rules) that SF took the ball rather than the probably-correct “see what we need to do” approach that’s obvious in college football.

I didn’t realize there was a difference until Romo went on his “whole new game” soliloquy right before the game-winner. Of course, his “whole new game” soliloquy entirely ratcheted down the intensity of the moment. And *then* Nantz nailed the call with his old man’s “jackpot” even despite that, and then Romo re-ruined the moment by jibber-jabbering over the entire celebration.

(Later, the CBS postgame yakkers described perfectly how Hardman got open because of the timing of the snap and his motion-pivot. I assume that’s what Romo was shouting about instead of letting the moment breathe, but I was too busy watching Swiftie’s celebration to listen.)

We got the E*trade babies playing pickleball, but all grown up. MasterLock has been priced out. And Temu changed how their name is pronounced, and scared the hell out of me.

So, I’ll admit to paying attention but not paying *that* much attention.

Did Nantz-Romo discuss how overtime rules in the playoffs differ from regular season playoff rules? It’s crazy to me (now knowing the rules) that SF took the ball rather than the probably-correct “see what we need to do” approach that’s obvious in college football.

I didn’t realize there was a difference until Romo went on his “whole new game” soliloquy right before the game-winner. Of course, his “whole new game” soliloquy entirely ratcheted down the intensity of the moment. And *then* Nantz nailed the call with his old man’s “jackpot” even despite that, and then Romo re-ruined the moment by jibber-jabbering over the entire celebration.

(Later, the CBS postgame yakkers described perfectly how Hardman got open because of the timing of the snap and his motion-pivot. I assume that’s what Romo was shouting about instead of letting the moment breathe, but I was too busy watching Swiftie’s celebration to listen.)

We got the E*trade babies playing pickleball, but all grown up. MasterLock has been priced out. And Temu changed how their name is pronounced, and scared the hell out of me.

One of the factors I heard this morning was that in choosing to take the ball first, you also get the ball third. So the mindset would be, score a TD, give up a TD, kick a FG and win. If the Niners completed their opening drive in OT with a TD, this scenario could have very well played out.

One of the factors I heard this morning was that in choosing to take the ball first, you also get the ball third. So the mindset would be, score a TD, give up a TD, kick a FG and win. If the Niners completed their opening drive in OT with a TD, this scenario could have very well played out.
Post game interviews indicated that KC would have went for 2 in that scenario.

I won the under by 1/2 a point....taking myself to breakfast at Walker Brothers......
You should definitely celebrate. The line moved from 47 to 46 by gametime.

What are you thinking? The Crispy Crunch French toast?

All the more reason to kick the ball.

If KC scores a TD and XP, then you go for 2 to win the game.

Shanahan outthought himself in that game. 49ers should have dominated and built a lead; they had more talent across the board except for at QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT