ADVERTISEMENT

Gates may no longer be at Florida

Reactions: TheAnonymous13
That kind of stupidity seems impossible, doesn’t it?

The entire artlcle is insanely stupid— and wrong.
White DID interview Gates. And it was at the strong encouragement of his current assistants, Mincy and Nichols. Both are friends with Gates, with the former having played with him for a season at Kent St. and then joining the coaching staff during Gates’ remaining playing years.
The intended hire had always been to replace former associate head coach Dusty May (now at FAU). There was no surprise in Gates’ role, and he was more than endorsed by the assistants this columnist is stating to be resentful.
It’s stupidity.
The theory is made to look even more foolish in that White would have repeated the same supposed mistake by recently hiring Al Pinkins to the same role rather than promoting internally.
I guess we should expect a similar departure in the coming weeks.
This columnist needs some new “sources”! Lol!

White never interviewed him in person? When hiring him for a higher-titled position than anyone on else on the staff? That can't be true, can it?

Of course not.

It would also require you to believe that Gates - a very highly sought assistant - was willing to accept the job sans a personal interview.
And that Florida’s athletic director was willing to sign off on a sight-unseen, 350k salary!
This wasn’t a hire that involved a desperate coach, program or assistant. Instead, each component was highly respected and desired within the field- and need not/would not throw caution to the wind with their hire/career.
As I said, the entire column is an embarrassment to journalism. And these days, that’s saying something.
I’m amazed at what people write— and what readers believe at face value.
I’ve beem roundly questioned here, and deservedly so. But shouldn’t there be a bit of scrutiny applied to this writer and his “sources”?
You need not me to refute his account. Simple logic does the job.

Of course not.

It would also require you to believe that Gates - a very highly sought assistant - was willing to accept the job sans a personal interview.
And that Florida’s athletic director was willing to sign off on a sight-unseen, 350k salary!
This wasn’t a hire that involved a desperate coach, program or assistant. Instead, each component was highly respected and desired within the field- and need not/would not throw caution to the wind with their hire/career.
As I said, the entire column is an embarrassment to journalism. And these days, that’s saying something.
I’ve beem roundly questioned here, and deservedly so. But shouldn’t there be a bit of scrutiny applied to this writer and his “sources”?

Logic huh? Logic like taking the guy that has been proven to be in the know, is an established columnist and has a name and record? Or the insanely defensive anonymous guy on a message board who’s account has been backed by...other anonymous guys on message boards?

Assuming you are White’s mom or relative, huh?

Logic huh? Logic like taking the guy that has been proven to be in the know, is an established columnist and has a name and record? Or the insanely defensive anonymous guy on a message board who’s account has been backed by...other anonymous guys on message boards?

Assuming you are White’s mom or relative, huh?

You probably shouldn’t take either of our accounts at face value.

But the guy “proven to be in the know” is citing “sources” just as anonymous as me.

Assuming you are “Sources” mom or relative, huh?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Of course not.

Eh. Simple logic leads us to a lot of questions, but no answers. Obviously, Gates is controlling the narrative, but Florida is letting him do it. We’ll see what else comes out eventually, I guess.

Reactions: TheAnonymous13
Does the Florida coach know that NU just hired a replacement for Gates?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT