ADVERTISEMENT

Grapplers

NorthNJCatsfan

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
Anyone have insight into this year’s squad. From the little I’ve read, it doesn’t look like a vintage year…..but maybe just a young group which needs some seasoning?

Reactions: hlstone
I spoke with one of the current wrestlers on the team and he told me that one of the guys is getting $100,000 from UM
Wow! I just wrote our son ( Medill ‘07 ) and told him that if NU doesn’t get its NIL act together quickly, it will soon become irrelevant in the B1G. That, of course, is exactly what the current Administration wants.

Wow! I just wrote our son ( Medill ‘07 ) and told him that if NU doesn’t get its NIL act together quickly, it will soon become irrelevant in the B1G. That, of course, is exactly what the current Administration wants.

Shameful. I thought the whole focus of TrueNU was to retain our current student-athletes? 🤦‍♂️

To be fair, any situation where a wrestler is getting $100,000 has to, I assume, involve a single wrestling obsessed donor.

Seems like a good way for Rocky and Bernice to make Nu baseball great again?
We need Jake Herbert to hit it big and bring it all back home.

The reason the wrestlers went to Michigan is because their graduate program is more accessible than NU. Coupled with some NIL money.

These are good kids and I will be rooting for them all the way. Even though they will be sporting those ugly uniforms.

The reason the wrestlers went to Michigan is because their graduate program is more accessible than NU. Coupled with some NIL money.

These are good kids and I will be rooting for them all the way. Even though they will be sporting those ugly uniforms.
NU grad athletes couldn’t get into our own grad programs??

How stupid are the smart people that run our school? If you graduated with reasonable success while also having the time commitment of a varsity athlete… grad programs should be tripping over each other to let you in. That’s a person with at least decent academic ability combined with tremendous discipline and drive. Of course, the egghead nerds in the grad school think they’re just meatheads, and the professors never left academia so they think GPA means jack shit in the real world.

Career nights for Hunger, Buie, and nearly Berry, plus some of the highlights from an all-time post game presser from Tom Izzo. Here are our takeaways from last night's 88-74 win over Michigan State.

Not good. Losing those three to Michigan over NIL hurts.
Yep…..and losing to the Twerps really hurts. I think this was their first ever B1G wrestling victory.

The descent of the team parallels Womens Basketball. It sucks to lose literally your top 3 guys to Big Blue. However, this seems to be going on for awhile as the recruiting has softened and we lost Assistant Coaches. I guess threatening to fire them for not getting a COVID shot didn’t help. We lost to NIU! There is no reason NU should not be top 20 in the country in Wrestling. We’ll likely be winless in the B1G. Thanks Dr. Gregg, I know you will be all over improving this product and insuring our best don’t go to Michigan.

Reactions: hlstone and 2388bb
The descent of the team parallels Womens Basketball. It sucks to lose literally your top 3 guys to Big Blue. However, this seems to be going on for awhile as the recruiting has softened and we lost Assistant Coaches. I guess threatening to fire them for not getting a COVID shot didn’t help. We lost to NIU! There is no reason NU should not be top 20 in the country in Wrestling. We’ll likely be winless in the B1G. Thanks Dr. Gregg, I know you will be all over improving this product and insuring our best don’t go to Michigan.
That is because they don't want the best of what is left

Michigan just upset Iowa. Two of our ex- wrestlers got victories. You either want to win or you don’t care!
They just lost 29/30 matches in the last 3 duals. Unacceptable. But at least they good rid of those terrible assistants like Andrew Howe who did not get the government jab. Recruiting taking a major hit.

NU Athletics in total disarray. Whether due to disinterest or, worse, malice aforethought, the current President and the rest of NU’s administration are making it clear they don’t give a damn about NU Athletics. Dark Ages redux.

NU Athletics in total disarray. Whether due to disinterest or, worse, malice aforethought, the current President and the rest of NU’s administration are making it clear they don’t give a damn about NU Athletics. Dark Ages redux.
The football, men’s basketball, and lacrosse programs are in total disarray?

Our three banner programs?

The wrestling program will struggle if the other Big Ten powers are paying $100K per season. This is the natural order of things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT