ADVERTISEMENT

Great now we can root for big dopey Edey and Purdue's Home Cooking Refs Today

And if they beat Wisky we get the double bye in BTT (good to save our legs if nothing else)
Great point.

Pitiful Michigan has little chance at upsetting Nebraska. I hope Edey gets every call as usual and crushes Wisconsin.

Michigan at home. Senior day. Perhaps playing for their coach’s job. Nebraska is not so great on the road. Go Blue!!
hey, you never know. Michigan has lost 7 in a row and 12 of their last 13. Including a 20 point loss at Nebraska who has everything to play for.

I’d be surprised if the players are riding and dying with Howard at this point.

I think I would rather get the 4 seed with a path of Wisconsin/Purdue vs the 3 seed with a path of Iowa/Illinois. Granted, I would also enjoy Nebraska losing to Michigan because the fighting Hoibergs seem to think their coach deserves coach of the year, and losing at the worst team in the conference to blow the 3 seed should chip away at that thought.

Braden Smith is no Boo Buie. He's missing everything.

Smith looks terrible. He can't get by Chucky Hepburn so PU can't run their offense. He misses wide open jumpers. His only play is dumping it into Edey.

So, if Purdue holds on, Iowa is the fifth seed if Indiana and Iowa win today. Otherwise, it'll be Wisconsin. Granted either team would have to win on Thursday before playing NU on Friday, but it would be nice to get revenge on one of them Friday.

Also: I have jury duty this week. I hope the case is done by the time NU plans. It's a lot easier to watch an afternoon game while "working" than while sitting in a jury.

I'm glad Purdue is going to win today, but man they are annoying. Edey camps in the lane for 10 seconds on every trip and they constantly push off. I expect they'll be an early exit in the tournament again.

So, if Purdue holds on, Iowa is the fifth seed if Indiana and Iowa win today. Otherwise, it'll be Wisconsin. Granted either team would have to win on Thursday before playing NU on Friday, but it would be nice to get revenge on one of them Friday.

Also: I have jury duty this week. I hope the case is done by the time NU plans. It's a lot easier to watch an afternoon game while "working" than while sitting in a jury.
Say something horrible and prejudicial and you won't be chosen for a jury! ;)

I'm glad Purdue is going to win today, but man they are annoying. Edey camps in the lane for 10 seconds on every trip and they constantly push off. I expect they'll be an early exit in the tournament again.
Such a whiny fanbase.

I would love love love a second crack at Wisconsin on a neutral floor
Me too. They seem like an "easier" opponent than Iowa right now. Of course, I'm not convinced they'll beat the 12/13 winner right now (Penn St./Rutgers/Maryland at this point).

Me too. They seem like an "easier" opponent than Iowa right now. Of course, I'm not convinced they'll beat the 12/13 winner right now (Penn St./Rutgers/Maryland at this point).
Easier and also I just think NU would whip them now. I’m a little bitter we didn’t get a crack at them at home because I thought we’d beat em even before they slid, and I want some revenge outside their building.

Reactions: drewjin
It's fine as *a* tiebreaker, but it's like the second tiebreaker here! I don't know what I'd pick other than "head-to-head" - maybe a slightly larger pool like record against top four. Whatever. I bet Nebraska loses on Friday to whoever they get.

Hey, the fourth seed plays at night Friday! Which is great if I'm on a jury, not so much for getting maximum rest before facing Purdue the next day.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Hey, the fourth seed plays at night Friday! Which is great if I'm on a jury, not so much for getting maximum rest before facing Purdue the next day.
I highly recommend that you focus on your civic duty and not some meaningless game.

We’re in regardless of if we win or lose on Friday.

I'm actually looking forward to it - don't want to get out of it at all...unless it means the *meaningful* games the following week are in jeopardy. And mostly I just like to watch Boo and the Cats every time they play and don't want to miss a single minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: PurpWildCatNation
I'm actually looking forward to it - don't want to get out of it at all...unless it means the *meaningful* games the following are in jeopardy. And mostly I just like to watch Boo and the Cats every time they play and don't want to miss a single minute.
Good man.

Hopefully Boo plays just long enough to keep his legs fresh for the round of 64.

I’m curious to see what Clayton can do running the point with the training wheels off. Sink or swim time!

4th seed plays early afternoon, game two of the day, the late game of the morning session, around 1;30 or so

2024-MBBT-Bracket-031024.jpg

Last edited:
It's fine as *a* tiebreaker, but it's like the second tiebreaker here! I don't know what I'd pick other than "head-to-head" - maybe a slightly larger pool like record against top four. Whatever. I bet Nebraska loses on Friday to whoever they get.
It is a dumb tiebreaker.

That said, winning percentage against top 4 teams is a tie for NU (3-3) and UNL (2-2).

Reactions: drewjin
What are some gems you heard from jurors hoping to avoid duty over the years?
Most related to being unable to be fair and reasonable for various nonsensical reasons. I was called for jury duty myself once and had no desire to serve because my wife and I had a short vacation planned. I knew both lawyers in the case and as we headed to the courtroom with the rest of the panel I said to them if I'm chosen I'm going to screw one of you but I haven't decided which one yet. They laughed and I wasn't chosen. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TheC
Most related to being unable to be fair and reasonable for various nonsensical reasons. I was called for jury duty myself once and had no desire to serve because my wife and I had a short vacation planned. I knew both lawyers in the case and as we headed to the courtroom with the rest of the panel I said to them if I'm chosen I'm going to screw one of you but I haven't decided which one yet. They laughed and I wasn't chosen. ;)
As a jury trial attorney, I would have given body part to get on a jury and into that room. We were once left unattended in the courtroom while the jury deliberated loudly…until the bailiff returned, heard the commotion and saw our utter silence and kicked us out. I also dated one of my jurors but she provided no useful insight…she may have served other important purposes….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT