ADVERTISEMENT

I can't see anything on the new board. Why the light gray against the white?

Geez, I leave this site for a month, and they screw it all up. I must have aged 10 years because I feel old since I can't read any comments without putting on reading glasses. LouV, how about some contrast, the light gray against the white is really silly of your website design guy. In fact, there is so much gray on the main forum page, it must have been the leftover can of paint for the latest USS battleship.

This design seriously needs work. The information hierarchy is confusing. And as you all point out, the subtle shades of gray don't work. It's only the most useless elements that actually jump out. The eye must hunt intentionally for everything actually useful. And there are all manner of ancillary controls on the page that I'm never going to use - tons of mystery buttons and mystery icons. I am conscious of visiting less frequently than I previously had because of the friction added to the experience.

Bummer.

Reactions: techtim72
And how on earth is that my first message? I'm not a prolific poster, but I've been here 11 years and post several times a season.

Geez, I leave this site for a month, and they screw it all up. I must have aged 10 years because I feel old since I can't read any comments without putting on reading glasses. LouV, how about some contrast, the light gray against the white is really silly of your website design guy. In fact, there is so much gray on the main forum page, it must have been the leftover can of paint for the latest USS battleship.
What you neglected to say is that you are the rusty anchor.

Uh, welcome back?

[QUOTE="Turk, In fact, there is so much gray on the main forum page, it must have been the leftover can of paint for the latest USS battleship.[/QUOTE]

utf-8DSCN2647_zps3bc92f3f.jpg

I have the same issue with the subtle colors. The most prominent spot on the page is the avatar or whatever they call them - who cares. I just got a new computer with the new MS Outlook and it looks very similar. Basically a whited out screen. Is it anything to do with age? I find the blizzard look to be confusing.

I have the same issue with the subtle colors. The most prominent spot on the page is the avatar or whatever they call them - who cares. I just got a new computer with the new MS Outlook and it looks very similar. Basically a whited out screen. Is it anything to do with age? I find the blizzard look to be confusing.

Yeah, I had the same problem with the new MS Outlook. Almost entirely white screen and background. Almost blinding to my eyes, kinda like this new message board format. On MS Outlook, you can go into the settings and make the background "dark grey". Still comes across as an annoyingly monochrome look, but at least it's better than the default all-white setting.

ADVERTISEMENT