ADVERTISEMENT

I found Jim O'Neil ...

Max_Power

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Like Fitz, he is coaching high school football. He and Fitz are only 5.5 miles apart on Lake Avenue. Fitz is at Loyola and O'Neil is at Glenbrook South. Gunner Vogel also has joined the GBS staff. Its is rebuilding year for GBS who went 10-1 last year (after Maine South forfeited all its games). GBS plays tonight - I might have to walk across the street to take look. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this:

"GBS added some new staff members this year to help the team perform at its best. Gunnar Vogel joined the staff as an assistant after playing pro football with the Philadelphia Stars (USFL in 2022) and D.C. Defenders (XFL in 2023) after tryouts with the Chicago Bears and Cincinnati Bengals in 2021. Vogel is a graduate of Northwestern. Schoenwetter was also excited to add Jim O’Neil to the staff as an assistant. O’Neil worked on the coaching staff at Albany (2001), Pennsylvania (2002), Northwestern (2003-04; 2021-22), Towson (2005) and Eastern Michigan (2006-08) in college, along with stops in the NFL with the New York Jets (2009-12), Buffalo Bills (2013), Cleveland Browns (2014-15; defensive coordinator), San Francisco 49ers (2016; defensive coordinator) and Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders (2018-20). Most recently, O’Neil was the defensive coordinator at Northwestern the last two seasons. During his stint in the NFL with the Jets, O’Neil helped coach 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Darrelle Revis."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News