ADVERTISEMENT

If there is such a thing as a good loss...

this was it, given the injury setbacks and playing on MSU's court. They played their hearts out. I see no way they lose to Minnesota at home this weekend.
False. This was a very winnable and needed game and we gave it away with poor play.

Missed free throws, bad turnovers, and a number of offensive rebounds surrendered without Big Matt in the post. Brutal to watch.

Flush it! Senior night vs Minnesota baby. Win and we’re in.

False. This was a very winnable and needed game and we gave it away with poor play.

Missed free throws, bad turnovers, and a number of offensive rebounds surrendered without Big Matt in the post. Brutal to watch.

Flush it! Senior night vs Minnesota baby. Win and we’re in.
It certainly wasn’t a “bad loss” on paper, but I agree that it was winnable. Neither team played well or looked remotely like a team that was trying to convince anyone they should be in the tournament. Thankfully, that’s kind of irrelevant.

Assuming they get in, both teams can expect to end their season 2 hours after they tip their first tournament game if they play like they did last night. Given NUs injury situation and lack of size, MSUs performance was significantly worse than NUs. They were both bad.

Reactions: ricko654321
It certainly wasn’t a “bad loss” on paper, but I agree that it was winnable. Neither team played well or looked remotely like a team that was trying to convince anyone they should be in the tournament. Thankfully, that’s kind of irrelevant.

Assuming they get in, both teams can expect to end their season 2 hours after they tip their first tournament game if they play like they did last night. Given NUs injury situation and lack of size, MSUs performance was significantly worse than NUs. They were both bad.
Yeah we really needed that one. Given how poorly MSU played, we should have gotten a win. The D rebounds, missed FTs and excessive turnovers were killer. Given our injury situation and their quality bigs, I think the Minnesota matchup is a tougher one. We had a better chance to win a grind-it-out game against MSU then I think we do against Minnesota. We will have a home crowd and Senior Day though, which helps. Go Cats.

Last edited:
this was it, given the injury setbacks and playing on MSU's court. They played their hearts out. I see no way they lose to Minnesota at home this weekend.
Right on!

It's always the pattern of we are as good, or as bad, as our last game. It's a transitive thing, last game is how we are going to be next game.

We all knew we would look way less threatening offensively when TY went down. We scored 80 against IA. I did not hear a thing about our offensive struggles.

Last night we scored 25 and 24 in 1st and 2nd halves. Transitive, we are done, can't score. We might as well be the Pistons in a 7 game series against the Celtics.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Right on!

It's always the pattern of we are as good, or as bad, as our last game. It's a transitive thing, last game is how we are going to be next game.

We all knew we would look way less threatening offensively when TY went down. We scored 80 against IA. I did not hear a thing about our offensive struggles.

Last night we scored 25 and 24 in 1st and 2nd halves. Transitive, we are done, can't score. We might as well be the Pistons in a 7 game series against the Celtics.
I noticed that when I was a fan of Penn BBall in the 1970's. The season is basically one long basketball game, with the next game being a sort of continuation of the last, with ebbs and flows throughout. I'm predicting an upward flow on Saturday.

Man, I love the positivity on this board. A few years ago, it would've been the opposite. Let's beat Minny, and make a run in the BTT and the NCAA tournament.

Man, I love the positivity on this board. A few years ago, it would've been the opposite. Let's beat Minny, and make a run in the BTT and the NCAA tournament.
Positivity? There are too many Nervous Nellies on this board. We will crush Minn. on Saturday and easily make the NCAA tournament

Yeah we really needed that one. Given how poorly MSU played, we should have gotten a win. The D rebounds, missed FTs and excessive turnovers were killer. Given our injury situation and their quality bigs, I think the Minnesota matchup is a tougher one. We had a better chance to win a grind-it-out game against MSU then I think we do against Minnesota. We will have a home crowd and Senior Day though, which helps. Go Cats.
Well I saw almost no way we’d lose to Minnesota like three times during our previous game as I sat in their overrated barn, including with like 5 minutes left in the game, so here we are

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT