ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting about Chris Reynolds

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
Deputy AD Chris Reynolds was always my guy. We figuratively crossed paths for most of my time at IU, and now at NU.

Well, I don't know if I missed it out here, but he was hired as Bradley's AD on the 16th. He sure didn't waste any time putting his mark on things. He dumped basketball coach, Geno Ford, yesterday, and the Peoria newspaper is reporting that Reynolds told players a new coach would be in place anywhere from two days to two weeks.

One of the more interesting names supposedly on his list is Mike Davis, the former IU coach. The Peoria paper is also reporting Dane Fife, Brian Wardle, Anthony Grant and the South Dakota State coach.

I always wondered how much influence Reynolds had on basketball decisions at NU. With Reynolds' background, he had to have a seat at the table with the transition from Carmody to Collins.

I wonder if a new basketball voice will be hired to take his place.

I missed that news so thanks for posting. Wish Chris nothing but the best. For those that know his college bball recruiting story, it's quite interesting.

On a separate note, I guess this meant he was not waiting around to take Jim's place. Hopefully this means JP is staying for while.

Reynolds is from Peoria. Don't be surprised if he calls his former IU classmate, Calbert Cheaney. Was at SLU the last 3 yrs with Jim Crews.

And once Fred Glass is jettisoned at IU in the next few years for his ridiculous extension to Crean, hopefully Chris Reynolds will be back in Bloomington.

Forget teammate

Hell, they were roommates.

I hope CR makes the right choice. I'd have to be AWFULLY impressed with my former roommate to make him my first major hire when he has no management experience.

From an NU perspective, I wonder if Tavaras and CR had a good relationship. This would be the type of generally quiet gig that would be a nice place for TH to get his feet wet.

Sounds like the Bradley program has imploded since the coaching change...multiple transfers including MVC all-freshman and former NU recruit Josh Cunningham. New coach is going to have his hands full.

As IU Undergrad, NU Grad Alum and Wildcat die hard, I still root for IU and it's nice to see some other IU ties on the board. CR will be a good hire... he was solid, not a great shooter, but a team player at IU. I think Mike Davis or aclebrt would do well although Tavaris will be a great coach some day. I would go with TH any time. Nitng the comment on Tom Crean - he has been a real disappointment although he may have a really good team next year but will be rebuilding again after that. Hope CC and Fitz stay a long time.

Speaking of TH

I'm REALLY surprised his name wasn't at least mentioned more prominently for either the DePaul or Bradley gig - especially Bradley.

I'm a strong believer in hiring an experienced coach, so I understand both directions (or at least the slightest bit of a direction at DePaul). However, I'm pretty surprised Hardy wasn't mentioned at either school.

TH has enough experience that I'd have no problem putting him on a low, mid-major bench with a very experienced assistant if I was an AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT