ADVERTISEMENT

It was a great June for NU QB commit Aidan Smith

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Three-star quarterback commit Aidan Smith had a stellar June, finishing fourth at the Rivals QB Challenge Finals and winning a 7-on-7 National Championship.

Story: A month to remember

Three-star quarterback commit Aidan Smith had a stellar June, finishing fourth at the Rivals QB Challenge Finals and winning a 7-on-7 National Championship.

Story: A month to remember

Just goes to show how imperfect a science recruiting is. NU didn't even offer Aidan in its original round of QB recruiting, yet he may end up as the best prospect. All the more reason not to get too excited or too upset over high school Juniors I guess!

Extremely doubtful, given Skowronek's commitment and how quickly he jumped on the offer.

Didn't say I think he'd necessarily go anywhere. But based on what we've seen in the past, it certainly wouldn't be surprising to see other schools TRY to poach him, especially if his stock continues to rise.

pawildcat- any thoughts as to which schools might attempt to poach?

I have no idea, but if there are some schools out there that come up empty at QB and Smith gets more rave reviews, it certainly doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that there'd be interest in him. He seems enthusiastic about his NU commitment.

Didn't say I think he'd necessarily go anywhere. But based on what we've seen in the past, it certainly wouldn't be surprising to see other schools TRY to poach him, especially if his stock continues to rise.

My point is that I don't think there would be much "fighting" required to keep him around.

Just goes to show how imperfect a science recruiting is. NU didn't even offer Aidan in its original round of QB recruiting, yet he may end up as the best prospect. All the more reason not to get too excited or too upset over high school Juniors I guess!
OR
you could say that our staff identified him just as he was coming into his own. And that NU's recruiting science of QBs is quite good.

OR
you could say that our staff identified him just as he was coming into his own. And that NU's recruiting science of QBs is quite good.

OR it could be "sometimes it's better to be lucky than good".........

I agree NU's analysis of QBs is pretty good. There has been a long run of better than average QBs lining up for the Cats.

There's an alternative viewpoint that says performance in pads matters more than passing leagues and showcase camps. I'm very excited to read this summer surge translating to senior year dominance.

There's an alternative viewpoint that says performance in pads matters more than passing leagues and showcase camps. I'm very excited to read this summer surge translating to senior year dominance.

Completely agree. Hopefully he will be poised for a great Senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT