ADVERTISEMENT

"It's the Only Goal I Have"

Confidence is such a huge part of basketball and knowing that as a team you can compete with the upper tier of teams. NU has never had a team with the mindset this team possesses. Arguably, the '83 team had the talent to do very well in the Big Ten at a time the conference was as strong as its ever been. They faltered and slipped to the NIT. There have been a small handful of teams since that have had similar fates. Great potential dashed by this or that. Collins has walked this collection of athletes into entirely new territory. And now he's trying to push them a little further.

This staff has been extraordinary in every aspect of the job. Consistently so for 4+ years. And I crapped on his hire a bit at first. Oops.

Super excited to see Gaines and Rap this year. And Turner, Lathon, Ryan, Nance and hopefully Kopp next year.

Is it weird that I've already watched this clip 10 times this morning?

No. It's a first ... and a long time coming. Serious, sober talk of a championship. From a guy who has been a part of more than a few. To a group wearing our school colors. Unbelievable. But true. May take all 10 of those looks to sink in.

GOUNUII

"I want to be a Champion."

"We have enough depth, we have enough talent, we have enough veterans...."

CCC

Dude is all-in on 2017-18.

https://twitter.com/NUMensBball

My son, the college b-ball player, was teasing me a couple of years ago about NU never making the tourney. I said that I thought Chris Collins was the best hoops coach we could ever possibly get at NU, and that if he couldn't do it, it couldn't be done.

It can be done, it has been done, and I still feel exactly the same way about Coach Collins.

Anyone who watched the video happen to notice that it looks like ccc has put on the freshman 15. :).

My son, the college b-ball player, was teasing me a couple of years ago about NU never making the tourney. I said that I thought Chris Collins was the best hoops coach we could ever possibly get at NU, and that if he couldn't do it, it couldn't be done.

It can be done, it has been done, and I still feel exactly the same way about Coach Collins.

He's been the real deal since day 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT