ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Lausch carves out role in crowded QB room

Love this article. This sentence helps me to look forward to this season. Both from the standpoint of Lausch and Braun as a HC.

"As you saw [on Saturday], he's got the ability to do some things that can really change the map for a defense."

Reactions: DaCat
Love this article. This sentence helps me to look forward to this season. Both from the standpoint of Lausch and Braun as a HC.

"As you saw [on Saturday], he's got the ability to do some things that can really change the map for a defense."
Thanks!

The guy is an ox. No idea about his passing, he had that one Ill advised throw into a crowd of white jerseys, but the dude can run the football. Maybe a trip down Colter/Siemian memory lane for ECat

Reactions: usopen30
The guy is an ox. No idea about his passing, he had that one Ill advised throw into a crowd of white jerseys, but the dude can run the football. Maybe a trip down Colter/Siemian memory lane for ECat
Yeah, not quite sure why there is so much hype for this kid yet. His one throw I saw was pretty scary. It was a terrible decision and should have been intercepted. I liked his running, but if he is one-dimensional, then he will get creamed back there.

I'm just worried that if he turns out to be any good, that he'll transfer to Notre Dame.

Yeah, not quite sure why there is so much hype for this kid yet. His one throw I saw was pretty scary. It was a terrible decision and should have been intercepted. I liked his running, but if he is one-dimensional, then he will get creamed back there.
Agree on Lausch's one throw. Running to the right sideline he threw back into the middle of the field. Its rare to see so many defenders in one spot on the field twenty yards away from the line of scrimmage, but thats where everybody was and thats where he threw it.

My guess, reading between the lines, is that he's a capable athlete and dangerous running the ball, but not as good as Bryant or Sullivan or even Hilinski as the "every down" quarterback.

So they'd like to get him on the field in certain situations.

Lausch is an inexperienced quarterback but you know he has a plus arm (was offered a baseball scholly by Notre Dame as a pitcher) As a redshirt Froish, he's got a chance to develop into the kind of dual threat you need at that position. Actually gives me a little hope for the future of the program beyond this year.

I wasn't aware that Fitz had a practice of exclusion. Lots of QBs got a shot under Fitz (even Richardson had his moment).
Well, there was the two headed QB for a while--Colter and Simien, although generally Fitz would pick his QB and stick with him no matter what, until something happened and he had to bring in a backup, who had not played a down and generally underperformed as a result.

Reactions: drewjin
Well, there was the two headed QB for a while--Colter and Simien, although generally Fitz would pick his QB and stick with him no matter what, until something happened and he had to bring in a backup, who had not played a down and generally underperformed as a result.
Colter would occasionally line up as a receiver and added yards to the passes he caught with his legs. Don't know if that's in Lausch's toolkit, but that would be cool. As Coach Braun said, you want him on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT