ADVERTISEMENT

Katy (TX) LB Paddy Fisher commits to NU

He just tweeted it.

Could his two teammates follow?

Hopefully this momentum carries over... was guessing Whillock would commit first, but I expect him to follow suit in early July. Both Fisher and Whillock would then lean on Wilder in a big way.

Been teammates since pee wee ball. Expressed several times they wanted to play together, NW was the only school to offer all 3.

Been teammates since pee wee ball. Expressed several times they wanted to play together, NW was the only school to offer all 3.

I believe Houston, Wisconsin, and maybe BC offered all 3, but NU was the only school that made it into the final cut for Fisher, Wilder, and Whillock.

Would expect Wilder sooner than later. Have to think NU is now prohibitive favorite.
If we get Wilder as well, a lot of DBs in one class. Will one switch positions? We seem to be beating out WIS on a lot of guys.

Can't do better than Texas for football!

And can't do better than Katy High School for Texas football. It's a powerhouse program here. Big kudos once again to Coach Bates for recruiting the Houston area so well.

It looks like Wilder's parents complimented Travis and have a very positive view of NU. I have to believe Colin will be a Cat soon.

Awesome pick ups. Great things to come. Bates has been a recruiting beast.

Where's Lonestarmvp been? Waiting for him to chime in!
Pawildcat, I just read the news about the Katy commitments.
My position and bias towards Texas recruits staying home has not changed. However, as I stated a week ago, I felt like getting all three players would be a very long putt. Getting two players to commit is a great win for NU. Congratulations to the staff and the young men. Your coaches are really good at selling the NU vision to players that fit your profile. Now you just need to finish your upgrades and use the influx of Texas talent to win some titles up there. Again, congrats and let's keep the competition for talent going.

Fisher's tape is very impressive. He looks like an excellent tackler with very sound technique. Also moves very well laterally and sheds blocks pretty well. Seems like a player who reads first, then reacts, relying on his athleticsm as needed but rarely sacrificing his technique.

It's an interesting contrast to Nathan Fox, who plays like a Tasmanian devil, or at least the cartoon version.

Sorry Guys, I don't know how to use the quote feature yet, maybe it's my browser.
Fisher comes from a long line of Fishers' that have played for Katy, awesome kid. This will be his 3rd year starting for us and even in a losing cause, was the Defensive MVP in last years State title game. Travis Whillock will also be starting for the 3rd year and one of the best Safeties(along with Wilder) I've seen at Katy or in HS. Congrats on picking these guys up, I'm now a NW fan.

Thanks for the well wishes and just to be clear we are NU not NW. It's a thing we have with UNL over in Lincoln :)
Oh my! Sorry, it won't happen again! lol

Also, we have another kid that's a sleeper.....Hunter Stinson, check him out.

Reactions: lunker35
ADVERTISEMENT