ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of recruiting news & notes

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
The big news tonight is Corien Azema's commitment, but I worked the phones tonight and have several updates:

- QB Zach Calzada visited NU today and said things went "really well, had the chance to see the new facility and meet with Coach Fitz and McCall." I have time set up tomorrow to interview him about his visit.

- I finally talked to QB Davis Beville tonight! It turns out that Rivals had the wrong number for him, but I got him to follow me and did it on DM. Anyway, he had very good things to say about his visit on May 11-12. He stayed overnight with Berkeley Holman and really likes the coaches and players. He is set to announce his short list "pretty soon", he said, and assured me that Northwestern will be on it. I think it will come down to NU and Pitt. He's taking an official to Pitt on June 14-16.

- I confirmed with OT Walter Rouse that the three-star tackle from Maryland is coming in for an official on June 12-14. OT Zachary Franks is coming in for his official on June 22-24. To add even more competition for that final tackle spot, NU thinks that they will get Zach Williamson to visit too. And I confirmed that they will take just one more. My guess is Williamson is the top pick, followed by Rouse, but they'd love to get any of the three.

- I talked to new hoop offeree Tyler Wahl today. He visited NU yesterday. He loved the campus and got to tour Welsh-Ryan under construction. He was most impressed by the fact that the entire coaching staff took him on his campus tour. He is visiting Iowa State, Butler and Wisconsin in the coming weeks but it planning a return trip to NU, as well. The 6-6 wing is one of those versatile, positionless guys that programs covet nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News