ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Washington

Transfer Cat leading Virginia receiver by a wide margin with 68 / 935 / 6. Really having a good year. UVA is 2-6 but lost 4 games by a total of 10pts.

With a strong finish, he could be getting all American votes. Good for him. Always a fan of his
Good luck Malik! We miss you here but appreciate your contributions and I'm cheering for you at UVA.

Malik Washington's departing message in December 2022 began

"Dear Lord, thank you. To my coaches, because of you I came out the other end not only a better player, but a better man. I wish you nothing but the best."

He had offers from a bunch of solid Power 5 schools out of high school. Chose NU, played well, got his degree. Exactly the kind of guy Northwestern wants. Can't fault him for assessing the QB situation and going to grad school at Virginia. Ben Bryant didn't commit to NU until May 2023.

Too bad Malik had to suffer through a "hopelessly broken" culture for 4 nightmarish years in Evanston.

Like the vast majority of players who have come through the NU football program, he's a class act and I'm happy for him.

Malik Washington's departing message in December 2022 began

"Dear Lord, thank you. To my coaches, because of you I came out the other end not only a better player, but a better man. I wish you nothing but the best."

He had offers from a bunch of solid Power 5 schools out of high school. Chose NU, played well, got his degree. Exactly the kind of guy Northwestern wants. Can't fault him for assessing the QB situation and going to grad school at Virginia. Ben Bryant didn't commit to NU until May 2023.

Too bad Malik had to suffer through a "hopelessly broken" culture for 4 nightmarish years in Evanston.

Like the vast majority of players who have come through the NU football program, he's a class act and I'm happy for him.

Every year they came of spring ball talking about what a difference maker he was! Then we rarely saw him on the field.
Malik was pretty good for us, though we could’ve utilized him a little better of course. He played every game for us last year and led the team with 65 receptions for 694 yards. That’s really good given the issues we had at QB.

Good for Malik! I agree that his NU career was plagued by mediocre to horrible quarterbacks -- excluding Peyton Ramsey -- and an offensive philosophy that underutilized WR talent. There a serious ripple effect when a team in unable to recruit quality quarterbacks. The benefits of run-pass option quarterback disappear if you have a quarterback who lacks passing accuracy and touch and your wide receiver talent is wasted. Compare and contrast our offensive success with Bryant and Sullivan.

Malik broke the single season ACC receptions records this weekend. But UVA finished 3-9.

I hope he gets drafted.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT