ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Fitzpatrick

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Matt is playing as an amateur in the Arnold Palmer Invite at Bay Hill in a stocked field. Nice to see Matt shoot under par in round 1 and currently on the right side of the cut line. He was only a 'Cat for a quarter but I like the kid and wish him well but will forever wonder what could have been....

Originally posted by DocCatsFan:
Matt is playing as an amateur in the Arnold Palmer Invite at Bay Hill in a stocked field. Nice to see Matt shoot under par in round 1 and currently on the right side of the cut line. He was only a 'Cat for a quarter but I like the kid and wish him well but will forever wonder what could have been....
Someone's not letting go!

wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/25 12:48 PM by Gladeskat

Originally posted by Gladeskat:

Someone's not letting go!

wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/25 12:48 PM by Gladeskat
Guilty as charged, Glades! Of course, a small part of me wondered what Matt thought of his decision after he shot an 82 in round 2 and missed the cut.

Originally posted by DocCatsFan: Guilty as charged, Glades! Of course, a small part of me wondered what Matt thought of his decision after he shot an 82 in round 2 and missed the cut.
I'm guessing when the tempreture in Chicago was -7 Matt was out golfing in Florida, Arizona, or wherever else, he was pretty happy.

Originally posted by NorthwesternIsAllClass:
Originally posted by LookGoodInPurple:
Screw him.
that's too harsh. im only mad that he wasted NU resources, the scholaship slot, coaches' time
I'm really surprised to read this from you. Didn't Matt deserve to be "compensated" for his time and sacrifice for NU? The coaches are paid to coach so their time would not have been otherwise used. And Matt gave us a hell of a lot of exposure during his short time at NU. It was very nice, and no doubt good for recruiting, to continually hear things like "Matt Fitzpatrick, the #1 amateur in the world who is with Pat Goss at NU." I wish him well, but I do think he could have used some more time here which would have benefited him long term.

Screw him.
that's too harsh. im only mad that he wasted NU resources, the scholaship slot, coaches' time
I'm really surprised to read this from you. Didn't Matt deserve to be "compensated" for his time and sacrifice for NU? The coaches are paid to coach so their time would not have been otherwise used. And Matt gave us a hell of a lot of exposure during his short time at NU. It was very nice, and no doubt good for recruiting, to continually hear things like "Matt Fitzpatrick, the #1 amateur in the world who is with Pat Goss at NU." I wish him well, but I do think he could have used some more time here which would have benefited him long term.
let me know when matt needs operations to walk like jeff yarbrough or when he has trouble remembering things like some of our former players who suffered concussions.

Screw him.
let me know when matt needs operations to walk like jeff yarbrough or when he has trouble remembering things like some of our former players who suffered concussions.
But those concussions, just like running through tires and board drills, helped them with their time management and leadership ability.

Screw him.
My goodness you are impossible. It surprises me that Glades (who I think much more of) is going along with your garbage.

you're the one who brought the union into a discussion of golf!

i hope you realize people associate your behavior with your family members in the public eye and that isn't fair to them. im saying that here and not the main board because I want you to know im trying to be tactful about it. this thread in which you've brought over the union talk is a prime example.

you're the one who brought the union into a discussion of golf!

i hope you realize people associate your behavior with your family members in the public eye and that isn't fair to them. im saying that here and not the main board because I want you to know im trying to be tactful about it. this thread in which you've brought over the union talk is a prime example.
One part of me says, "huh?"

The other part can't stop laughing at you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT