ADVERTISEMENT

Meet new NU WR commit Riley Lees

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Get to know Riley Lees, the player in Northwestern's deluge of commits that you probably know the least about.

Story: Meet Riley Lees ($)

Been following this board since Riley committed - just need to add my 2 cents on this kid. I am from Libertyville and have followed him since he was a youngster. He has always been special but more importantly he is an awesome kid. He comes from a great family, older brothers were excellent athletes at Carmel Catholic, and the most humble young man you will ever meet. The school and community knows he isn't the kind of kid who is going to make bad decisions - kids look up to him! As far as the sleeper comments etc… - he was 1st Team All State and the only Junior QB, All Area, All Conference, Daily Herald Area Player of The Year and the list goes on. Broke every offensive record in his Junior year. 45td's - 35 rushing and 10 passing plus almost 3500 yards in total offense. First junior captain in school history in a very solid 7A conference. One of the best baseball players in the area as well. Had several offers. His stars aren't high because he didn't go to the camps - dad told me he learned from the older boys that they didn't seem necessary - coaches don't attend and film and play is what counts. Seems he was right because all the MAC offered and half the Big 10. They see something. As far as his speed goes and has been commented on - it is awesome to watch. Not even going to post what I heard he just ran his 40 at but I can tell you it was ran twice with 4 different coaches. This was a nice pick up for you guys and if you get a chance to see him this year, you should. Most important - his character is what will continue to help him in life. He will make Northwestern proud. He will work harder than anyone you can imagine. No I'm not his Dad or a relative or even his agent - JK - just a fan. Enjoy him. We have in Libertyville!!

Reactions: lunker35
Been following this board since Riley committed - just need to add my 2 cents on this kid. I am from Libertyville and have followed him since he was a youngster. He has always been special but more importantly he is an awesome kid. He comes from a great family, older brothers were excellent athletes at Carmel Catholic, and the most humble young man you will ever meet. The school and community knows he isn't the kind of kid who is going to make bad decisions - kids look up to him! As far as the sleeper comments etc… - he was 1st Team All State and the only Junior QB, All Area, All Conference, Daily Herald Area Player of The Year and the list goes on. Broke every offensive record in his Junior year. 45td's - 35 rushing and 10 passing plus almost 3500 yards in total offense. First junior captain in school history in a very solid 7A conference. One of the best baseball players in the area as well. Had several offers. His stars aren't high because he didn't go to the camps - dad told me he learned from the older boys that they didn't seem necessary - coaches don't attend and film and play is what counts. Seems he was right because all the MAC offered and half the Big 10. They see something. As far as his speed goes and has been commented on - it is awesome to watch. Not even going to post what I heard he just ran his 40 at but I can tell you it was ran twice with 4 different coaches. This was a nice pick up for you guys and if you get a chance to see him this year, you should. Most important - his character is what will continue to help him in life. He will make Northwestern proud. He will work harder than anyone you can imagine. No I'm not his Dad or a relative or even his agent - JK - just a fan. Enjoy him. We have in Libertyville!!

Cool, always good to hear about these kids from a fan's or other personal perspective.

Sounds like a great kid who should fit right in at NU.

ADVERTISEMENT