ADVERTISEMENT

Nichols to Tulane

Tulane? Odd choice. Is it possible we cooled on him?

He was apparently Tulane's top target. They play in a pretty competitive conference, with SMU, Cincinnati, UConn and Memphis State, so the competition will be good. Finally, Tulane is pretty decent academically and spending 4 or 5 years in NOLA ain't a bad deal for a Cleveland kid!

Thoughts:

Probably a good choice because he had Law, Sanjay and Lyndsey ahead of him here. He'd grown to 6 6. There's only one player ahead of him on the wing at Tulane. I thought Tulane had used all its scollys and the competition was Butler.

Good school for a good student.

Non traditional recruitment in how quiet he kept. Kinda like that.

Isn't that where Lieberman went?

Best of luck.

Doing my pre-deadline procrastination routine I was over on 247 and they reported that Tulane has too many player on scholarship which I thought.

Always fun to see how this issue gets sorted out by different colleges.

From what I understand is Tulane was on kipper the most consistently over the course of the year. NU was on/off then some other schools came in late.

while he would of made a fine player for NU, filling the 2016 class with a guard, wing, and big is more important
This post was edited on 4/17 1:03 PM by haywood jahblowme

Law, Lindsey, Lumpkin

There's also Taphorn.

If NU was actively recruiting, I'd love to hear the meetings about why they were going in this direction.

I don't care what position it is, five guys who generally play one spot is a lot. I know some of them swing but I think Lindsey is the only one who's potentially going to give you double-digit minutes at another position besides the 3 on a winning team.

Re: Law, Lindsey, Lumpkin

We need a big and a small. It would be great to land a PG transfer to back up Mac. Then land a 1, 3 and 5 in the 2016 class.

ADVERTISEMENT