ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern could have a shot at a great Freshman transfer -

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Last week, Fordham fired its basketball coach, and now one of the Rams' star freshmen could be on his way out.

In the wake of Tom Pecora's dismissal,
forward Eric Paschall, who captured Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year
honors this season, has been granted a partial release and is allowed to
transfer to a school that meets with Fordham's approval.

The Dobbs Ferry native confirmed the news on Twitter, saying, "I have
been granted Permission to Contact, which means my recruitment is now
open."

According to LoHud.com, Paschall's father, Juan, provided Fordham with a list of 12-15 schools, and some of the schools his son plans to contact had recruited him while he was in high school.

Paschall held scholarship offers from West Virginia, Providence,
Iona, Radford, George Mason, Northwestern, VCU, Quinnipiac and Manhattan
when he picked Fordham. His father told the Journal News Fordham
approved a list of a little over a dozen schools they are interested in,
and they were approved.

Link

Seriously, we lost a kid to Fordham? This was a kid that Collins offered?

Well, at least it wasn't William and Mary! You had a sh&t fit when NU lost some guy to the Tribe............

His offer list on Rivals says Northeastern, not Northwestern.

Originally posted by Styre:
His offer list on Rivals says Northeastern, not Northwestern.
Other services seem to agree. It seems that out of HS he was viewed primarily as a (strong) mid-major prospect...then again, being designated Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year after scoring 16 ppg does count for something, since that is one of the strongest BkB conferences outside the power 6. It seems he will be visiting Villanova soon.

Originally posted by Seattle_Cat:
Do we even have a spot on the roster for him?
The answer may depend on whether he would "count" for scholarship-limit purpose during his sit-out season (next). The answer isn't immediately clear to me, from a quick look at the NCAA statements on this matter. They do say that the transferring student may or may not receive financial aid from the new school. But "financial aid" may or may not involve an athletic scholarship.

Small world. I have cousins who lived in Dobbs Ferry. Though they went to Ardsley schools. And then my aunt and uncle moved to Scarsdale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT