ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern's next win...

Gladeskat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2004
will be our 500th win for the program, according to Sports-reference.com. Technically NU has won 500 games if one includes our forfeit win over MSU in 1994. I haven't read anything about this so I wonder if they have their facts wrong.

will be our 500th win for the program, according to Sports-reference.com. Technically NU has won 500 games if one includes our forfeit win over MSU in 1994. I haven't read anything about this so I wonder if they have their facts wrong.

If I remember correctly, MSU had to forfeit all their wins that year because of some grades scandal under George Perles. The irony is that 1994 was also the year that Dennis Lundy admitted to shaving points in NU's games. All in all, that was a pretty ugly matchup.

Does that include the wins against Evanston High School in the 1890s?;)

Using that rationale we should be at 501 already. Didn't USC have their win at the Rose Bowl vacated for having an ineligible player on the field?

Reactions: rmndcat
Vacating wins doesn't forfeit them to the other team, just means the violator doesn't get to count it as a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT