ADVERTISEMENT

NU offers under-the-radar DT

Paging GCG and Corbi. I watched his junior tape and was impressed. He's listed at 6'3" 270 but moves very well with an explosive first step and power. Reminds me a little bit of Goens. Looks like a real find.

Johnson City, NY is just outside Binghamton, which is pretty much nowhere. Maybe no one else besides Syracuse will scout him (joking, of course).

Hard to tell much from the HUDL tape because his competition is ridiculously weak. What can be said is that he runs well for a kid his size although there is no way he is playing at 270lbs on his junior year tape. Looks more like 250lbs to me. He is the kind of kid that we typically offer after having him at our camp. I think he has very good potential but I am surprised we have offered him this early.

Paging GCG and Corbi. I watched his junior tape and was impressed. He's listed at 6'3" 270 but moves very well with an explosive first step and power. Reminds me a little bit of Goens. Looks like a real find.

Johnson City, NY is just outside Binghamton, which is pretty much nowhere. Maybe no one else besides Syracuse will scout him (joking, of course).

If you asked for it... I like his tape. He's probably not 270 on the tape, but he's already pretty thick in the lower body and shows pretty good movement skills. While I can see him as a DT prospect, he's also exactly the kind of guy that many programs would take and turn into an interior offensive lineman (depending on how tall he actually is and body composition/growth potential, which is hard to get from tape alone). He reminds me somewhat of Pat Elflein or Jacoby Boren on tape and he probably wouldn't be playing any TE if he were playing more competitive high school ball.

Overall, he's an interesting prospect and I take comfort in knowing we didn't offer until after an in-person evaluation, especially if Heffner is involved. He's one of our better recruiters and knows what he's looking for.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT