ADVERTISEMENT

NU Softball

Cats really needed that! Hopefully, she can build confidence for a stretch run. Need more than one reliable pitcher.
Yep. The big disappointment on the season has been Dvorak, and I don't know what became of Boyd. The freshman, Curry, was highly recruited, but has only made a brief appearance, so it's tough to evaluate her. So, lets go Supple! :)

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Supple's shutout was good news but Iowa is the worst team in the conference (last place at 2-18) . Hopefully she can use the game as a springboard against better teams

Supple still had some control issues in that game but hopefully she can build on her success this weekend at Minnesota.

Reactions: nu greek
Cats hold on to salvage the final game of the Minnesota series 3 to 1.Danielle Williams with a 4 hit complete game.Cats scored all their runs in the 1st inning and it held up.Got tense in the bottom of the 7th with Minny having the tying run on second with one out,but DW got out of the jam.Cats off till Thursday when they will play in the big tourney.Looks like we will play the winner of the8/9 game which will be between Wiscy and Minny.The way Minny plays us I hope we face the Badgers.GO CATS!!!

Deservedly so.Danielle is one of the main reasons NU is the top ranked team in the BIG and the regular season BIG champion.She is really our only reliable pitcher and has carried her team all season when she is in the circle.The only thing that has me worried in the BIG tourney and when we go to the regionals is how much DW can pitch.A truly great year for her.She deserves this award.

I believe that NU Softball sells t-shirts that read "You Wish that You Could Throw Like a Girl." Not sure that Ms. Lewis would be offended or feel slighted for indeed, she can play. . .

Cats leading 3 to 0 in the bottom of the 4th.Williams had a tough top of the third but got out of the inning without any damage.Game on THE BTN against Wisconsin.

Cats add 2 big insurance runs in the bottom of the sixth.Take a 5 to 2 lead into the top of the seventh.

Will face the winner of the Maryland/Michigan game.We will see who is in the circle for us tomorrow as Danielle threw 117 pitches today.Struck out 12.GI CATS!!!

Cats take the lead in the bottom of the fifth on a wild pitch to Rachel Lewis who was being intentionally walked. Good thing this isn’t MLB.Williams in the circle for us.One hit shutout so far with three outs to go.NU 1 Mich 0.

Cats lose a heartbreaker 2 to 1 on a 2 run homer with two outs in the 7th.We will see where our lady cats end up as far as the regionals go.This team can go far so looking forward to the tourney.

Cats lose a heartbreaker 2 to 1 on a 2 run homer with two outs in the 7th.We will see where our lady cats end up as far as the regionals go.This team can go far so looking forward to the tourney.
Stinks although Williams pitching 1 less game isn't the worst thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT