ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fan ONE chrees on Princeton Tigresses BkB

Maybe because his niece used to play at Welsh-Ryan - after the NU games, with Carmody's kids and Paul Lee's kids. And now she is playing for her dad's (and aunt's) alma mater.

Originally posted by WarCat:
Maybe because his niece used to play at Welsh-Ryan - after the NU games, with Carmody's kids and Paul Lee's kids. And now she is playing for her dad's (and aunt's) alma mater.
That might explain why it may be relevant to us....It does NOT explain why it is important to the general public, not affiliated with NU or the schools involved, and which may not even follow WBB....and hence does not explain that it has been widely reported (outside the NU community)....Anyhow, your point does suggests that it may not be so "off topic" after all.

It's important to the general public because everything the leader of the free world does is important to the general public. I doubt President Obama has done anything publicly since he announced his first candidacy that hasn't been "widely reported". It's the nature of the office.

Originally posted by PURPLECAT88:
It's important to the general public because everything the leader of the free world does is important to the general public. I doubt President Obama has done anything publicly since he announced his first candidacy that hasn't been "widely reported". It's the nature of the office.
Exactly. It's ridiculous to have to explain this to some people.

Originally posted by Katatonic:
Pretty sad that had to step up security due to threats (to the niece).
Agree...I wasn't aware of that...Apparently some think it makes sense to threaten the life of an 18-y.o. woman if one doesn't like her uncle!

These days, with people willing to kill dozens (or even 149 !, as we just saw) innocent bystanders just to make some sort of crazy statement (which often we don't even know what it is, and the perpetrator may not know either!) this sort of threat is real.

I suppose that protecting those in attendance at a basketball game is relatively easy...it is probably much harder to protect a college student in a wide-open campus particularly, from a potential perpetrator who may look like (or even be) a fellow student....The biggest problem comes when the (potential) perpetrator doesn't even care about his/her own life (or want to lose it!)....must be a tough assignment for the SS.

niece-prompts-security-hike

ADVERTISEMENT