ADVERTISEMENT

OT - In the learn something every day about CBB file -

Interesting. Of course, all they'd have to do is adopt American Sign Language for signalling the numbers to the scorer, and 6, 7, 8, and 9 would be available again.

But that would be too easy.

Originally posted by mekCat:
Interesting. Of course, all they'd have to do is adopt American Sign Language for signalling the numbers to the scorer, and 6, 7, 8, and 9 would be available again.

Or signal numbers with fingers up or down like they do on crab boats on Deadliest Catch. But that would be even easier.

Originally posted by Gladeskat:

Originally posted by mekCat:

Or signal numbers with fingers up or down like they do on crab boats on Deadliest Catch. But that would be even easier.
Trading pit communication uses a similar method. Elbow down and fingers up for 1-5. Elbow out and fingers sideways for 6-9. And for additional info: if you're buying, the palm faces in/selling palms away. Now go to your VHS collection, pull out Ferris Buller's Day Off. Watch the scene where they go to the Mercantile Exchange and the movie will make lots more sense.

buy-2.png

Tall NBA guys like Georghe Muresan and Shawn Bradley used to advertise their height in the NBA with numbers 76 and 77.

In the mid 1990s, George Washington University had a tiny point guard named Shawnta (sp?) Rogers who advertised his height with the number 54. (Earl Boykins of Eastern Michigan may have done that with 55 in the NBA, I think I remember.) At GWU, Rogers played with a huge dude named, I think, Alexander Koul (sp?, again) who was, like, 7'3", but could not advertise his stature.

This is totally worthless information and only stands to prove that it was good, though limiting, to grow up as a kid with ESPN.

The people at the Sun-Times must either read the NYT or get news tips from this board.

My vote is on this board of course.

Link

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT