ADVERTISEMENT

Pride &joy

NUcats92

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2021
Philadelphia,PA
Was at a Phillies game, and after getting super intoxicated as I was walking out to exit the game, I run into none other than our boy Blake Smith chatted with him for a moment, and told him how proud I was of the team and him as a person and told him to keep working hard and he would be rewarded and that next year could be a really good year. It’s crazy how life works.

I’m legitimately impressed you were hammered and quickly recognized him in a crowd.
Of course we're trusting that a drunk '92 picked out Blake Smith in Philadelphia (?) in the middle of the school year (?)

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
You have to admit… it’d be kind of funny if it was just some random tall skinny guy with a mustache.
Yeah, I guess you can say that, but I have a keen eye of remembering faces, even while intoxicated plus he was really stoked about my Northwestern tattoo that I usually show to almost everybody that is affiliated with the school.

Years ago, I attended the Mets last game of the year and was invited into their clubhouse(old semi-pro contacts), It was an amazing party and needless to say there was plenty of alcohol consumed as the players let off some steam. I participated fully and eventually exited from the players' door. I was greeted by a throng of fans , who began shouting "There's Tug McGraw". Being chemically uninhibited, I dutifully signed autographs for all interested. No one seemed to notice that I was signing their programs righthanded. Tug was a lefthanded pitcher !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT