ADVERTISEMENT

Props for Jackson

Not wishing for injury of course, but ESPN also had NU as the second deepest RB corps in the Big 10. The Cats really have some good backs now.
Second deepest or second best? There's a big difference.

Not wishing for injury of course, but ESPN also had NU as the second deepest RB corps in the Big 10. The Cats really have some good backs now.
Love Jackson but who are the other good backs and their, games played, total yards, TD's, etc.

From the little footage that I have seen so far and comments of several observers, I think (hope) that Thorson steps up in a big way this season. He has a smooth, almost effortless delivery, and is able to make all the throws. No one knows yet how he will react under fire from Big 10 defenses but he seems to have all the physical tools to be successful. I will be glad if any of the 3 QB candidates separates himself from the pack of course. I just have a feeling it will be Thorson.

notwithstanding injury avoidance, of course, he did pretty well with mediocre line and QB performance last year.
Jackson was a force last year but he is on the smaller side for an every down back. Guys we have had like that include Sutton and Mark and both got injured in their second year of being a feature back. Hoping Jackson avoids the same fate.

Jackson was a force last year but he is on the smaller side for an every down back. Guys we have had like that include Sutton and Mark and both got injured in their second year of being a feature back. Hoping Jackson avoids the same fate.

Agree. Which is why it is so important that the other backs get time. Fortunately, the drop-off won't be huge when Jackson rests.

Love Jackson but who are the other good backs and their, games played, total yards, TD's, etc.

Let's see now...I could spend the next 10 minutes researching all these stats for you, Willy, or I could tell you to "Google it!" I wonder what I'll do?

We have a number of high rated underclassmen that should see the ball this year. We are deeper this year then in years past but RBs have been injury prone

We have a number of high rated underclassmen that should see the ball this year. We are deeper this year then in years past but RBs have been injury prone
Exactly, most if not all the back-up RB's have little or no experience but guess the same could have been said about Jackson last season.

Incoming frosh Moten could be a stud. People also tend to overlook Warren Long but he's turning into a solid Big Ten back in the Noah Herron mode. AA is a home run threat in the Venric Mark mode. We got a lot of weapons in the backfield. With halfway decent OL play and a QB who steps up to take charge, this offense could be very fun to watch this fall.

Incoming frosh Moten could be a stud. People also tend to overlook Warren Long but he's turning into a solid Big Ten back in the Noah Herron mode. AA is a home run threat in the Venric Mark mode. We got a lot of weapons in the backfield. With halfway decent OL play and a QB who steps up to take charge, this offense could be very fun to watch this fall.
Sorry but Long is no Noah Herron and Moten has not taken a game day snap. Still hoping that Jackson stays injury free. BTW, has he been cleared to practice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT