ADVERTISEMENT

Talor Battle vs FAU

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
In the handshake line after the FAU game, there appeared to be a lengthy and almost heated interaction between Battle and a couple of the FAU players. I didn’t want to speculate about it before the UConn game as it would have been a distraction.

I’m not sure what it was about - but it looked like Boo was playing hurt there (and versus UConn).

Did anyone else see this? I have video of it and don’t feel like putting it on YouTube. I can share it offline with a few board regulars.

I doubt he’ll want to stick around Evanston now that his brother is graduating so it doesn’t matter. My theory is that he saw some stuff on the court which he didn’t like… but it seemed like a pretty clean game?

Reactions: lunker35
In the handshake line after the FAU game, there appeared to be a lengthy and almost heated interaction between Battle and a couple of the FAU players. I didn’t want to speculate about it before the UConn game as it would have been a distraction.

I’m not sure what it was about - but it looked like Boo was playing hurt there (and versus UConn).

Did anyone else see this? I have video of it and don’t feel like putting it on YouTube. I can share it offline with a few board regulars.

I doubt he’ll want to stick around Evanston now that his brother is graduating so it doesn’t matter. My theory is that he saw some stuff on the court which he didn’t like… but it seemed like a pretty clean game?
Did not see this but was celebrating like a mad man with my buddy so maybe that’s why 😂. Also, why would he leave NU now? Seems an up and coming assistant. I think he stays at least until after next year given Matt/Ty graduate then.

Did not see this but was celebrating like a mad man with my buddy so maybe that’s why 😂. Also, why would he leave NU now? Seems an up and coming assistant. I think he stays at least until after next year given Matt/Ty graduate then.
I shared the video offline with a few trusted loyalists who I’ve met in person.

The consensus is that it could have been a lot worse and maybe gotten ugly. It was Davis (#1) from FAU that Battle was… battling with.

He held up the hand shake like and was clearly the one prolonging the instigation.

I love to see it if Boo was playing hurt and Battle saw some dirty play. It looked like a pretty clean game in person despite the referee shenanigans, but I don’t see the game like an All Big Ten point guard (Boo/Talor).

Thankfully nothing escalated. It’s not a good look for our 35YO assistant to be jawing with another team’s player.

That being said, he was likely sticking up for his brother. Or calling out some dirty play. I’m all for it, we still won that game.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT