ADVERTISEMENT

The legend of Boo: He tried to commit to UMass?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Maybe I haven’t paid any attention at all, but Revsine mentioned as he was walking off the court that Boo “wanted to commit to UMass, but they wouldn’t accept his commitment.”

Is there a more complete telling of the story somewhere?

His Rivals 2018 profile does show a UMass offer. Was it a “non-commitable offer”, Harbaugh style?

What a totally singular player. Let’s not take 50 years to get ‘0’ in the rafters.

Possibilities include he wasn’t first in line for the available spot or the coaches changed their mind. You can call those uncommitable, but there are offers coaches extend that are never meant to be commitable.

I'm in the northeast and follow the aau programs and NEPSAC confidence (Greer, Hunger, Rumbraugh, Boo, Clayton and Barkley).

Boo was an accident for NU, they were scouting someone else and he had a huge summer for Rivals (I think they lost in finals to the Mobley brothers) first few years were a struggle at NU but last two he put it together. It's a great story.

Rivals has a relationship now with Rutgers and Texas A&M. I think 6 of their players had offers from Rutgers and Dorth is going there. 5 had offers from A&M, Turkson and Mills are going there. Teng will be going to Mich. St.

Reactions: Sec.112
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT