ADVERTISEMENT

Theory on HJ from someone who claimed to be an insider?

Look, you don’t have to feel ashamed for thinking at a lower level than most people here. It must have been tough to fail several times before finding a life so I really commend you for that. I pray for people like you who struggle on a daily basis every time I jingle my keys in Saturdays at Ryan Field.

It is extremely weird that you're trying to make this personal and lying while you do it.

I know exactly where it is. And I wonder, w Mikes retirement, does that give me my name back? If not, I would believe I could bet someone else around here and put my screen name up as my potential winnings. But I digress. Let’s try to stay on topic. What was the OP again?

No.

Reactions: IGNORE and DaCat
It is extremely weird that you're trying to make this personal and lying while you do it.

It's just time for somebody to stand up to you and stop taking your crap. You could be the person with the most valuable insights but you tarnish it with your attitude. My suggestion would be to fix it before it comes back to bite you in the real world, because it will.

Reactions: IGNORE
You guys make this a wonderful place to come to daily.

Take a second to think about what you’re arguing over and reset.

Reactions: BFDCat
It's just time for somebody to stand up to you and stop taking your crap. You could be the person with the most valuable insights but you tarnish it with your attitude. My suggestion would be to fix it before it comes back to bite you in the real world, because it will.

And you feel like you're in a position to dole out life advice to me because... ?

Give it a rest. You are starting to enter Lee Cobb territory.

exactly what kind of family issue could warrant a college athlete dialing out for a season?
Only thing I can think of is a parent with terminal cancer?
Not talking about Hunter or suggesting the post is true, just wondering how a college athlete could mail in a year (with reason) and get an extra year granted?

And if a player only plays in 4 games, then maybe such player can bag another year.
But mccall should be fired on monday or its treason against the fans.
Classic take from Wicker Turk. Yes, people DO die from breast cancer. It's serious stuff dude.

This. I once really respected corbi and gcg posts. They were really full of interesting info and their subsequent dialogue w fellow Board members was engaging. But they both devolved and became bullies. Here’s to the guy that give it back in spades.

Normally, yes. But I’m still in the Philippines and will need a little home time w the gf before we close out the year w a bunch of trips. Next time.

Off topic , but my quake alert went off this morning notifying of a 6.8 earthquake in the Philippines. Everything OK for you and yours?

Wow - didn’t feel or read about anything. What time local and where was the epicenter?

FWIW a few moments ago (it is 10:45 AM here in Japan) I just got another notification of a major earthquake in the Philippines. This one 6.5 centered in Kisante, Philippines.

What are you doing over there to keep shaking things up?

FWIW a few moments ago (it is 10:45 AM here in Japan) I just got another notification of a major earthquake in the Philippines. This one 6.5 centered in Kisante, Philippines.

What are you doing over there to keep shaking things up?

And I just landed at ORD. Long day.

Colter was a malcontent and should have always been a WR and a backup option at QB. Siemian was much better as a quarterback, and I put that awful decision to start Kain on McCall. If Trevor had more snaps against Army I bet we wouldn’t have lost that shitshow.

The NFL agreed too. Sorry the union didn’t work out Kain. I hope your Northwestern degree has served you well.
That is a jerky thing to say...he was good for us...a good athlete....and his vision of players getting paid is coming soon...he personally had nothing to do with getting snaps at quarterback...coaches decision....and he did good for us...your an ass for spewing that bs.

Reactions: willycat
That is a jerky thing to say...he was good for us...a good athlete....and his vision of players getting paid is coming soon...he personally had nothing to do with getting snaps at quarterback...coaches decision....and he did good for us...your an ass for spewing that bs.
He was a good player but a bad teammate from all I heard. Players should get paid for their work, but trying to strongarm your team into forming a union isn’t the ideal way to go. I heard a lot of stuff about that situation at the time and am not a fan. We should have been a bowl team in both 2013 and 2014 but those teams fell apart. Those young men didn’t live in a vacuum.

There is no I in team... but there are three in “Kain” + “Union”. There are players who joined unions after they were done playing and God bless them for it. I don’t see the need to mix my favorite collegiate sports team with the complicated labor movement in America.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
He was a good player but a bad teammate from all I heard. Players should get paid for their work, but trying to strongarm your team into forming a union isn’t the ideal way to go. I heard a lot of stuff about that situation at the time and am not a fan. We should have been a bowl team in both 2013 and 2014 but those teams fell apart. Those young men didn’t live in a vacuum.

There is no I in team... but there are three in “Kain” + “Union”. There are players who joined unions after they were done playing and God bless them for it. I don’t see the need to mix my favorite collegiate sports team with the complicated labor movement in America.
Joining a union was voted on by the NU players. Stop with the nonsensical Kain hate!

You do understand that the article you referenced was SEVEN and a HALF YEARS AGO, right? The city turned down all of his requests. So try commenting on something you actually know about. What is the "something"?

But he sought taxpayer money - despite failing the effort was there. Distinguish from Reinsdorf, other than Reinsdorf did a better job and succeeded.

But he sought taxpayer money - despite failing the effort was there. Distinguish from Reinsdorf, other than Reinsdorf did a better job and succeeded.
The answer is that the Ricketts used their own money and millionaire Reinsdorf, had Former Governor Thompson in his back pocket, threatened to move the team if he didn't get the state money. Thus the Sox play in TAXPAYER Ballpark.

The answer is that the Ricketts used their own money and millionaire Reinsdorf, had Former Governor Thompson in his back pocket, threatened to move the team if he didn't get the state money. Thus the Sox play in TAXPAYER Ballpark.

@chicagocatfan24 I turn this over to you. Willy is now engaged.

Something doesn't add up.
Jeezus... only at Northwestern. It was a silly little riddle HotlantaCat.

Can you find the third “I”? It’s right in your face if you reread my post.

(Ok I can’t help myself. Three i’s: in, Kain, Union. Boom! Catman’s going trick-or-treating.)

I guess @Alan Smithee , @Fitzphile, and @villox don’t like being tricked by juvenile jokes? Does @IGNORE?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
No hatred here. I just said his actions were detrimental to the team and he seemed like a malcontented player.

It was voted down from what I heard.
The realities is that he was a malcontent. His constant 'putting himself first' started prior to him getting authorization cards signed. He became a serious distraction that cost us a season and set the program back a few years. Didn't he wear the wristband or some cloth item to draw attention to the player plight? Then came unionization which split 35% of the players agaisnt Fitz. It was alot more than just 'let's get paid'. To Fitz' discredit he was naive and stupid about this and should have stayed out of it and hired a consultant instead of putting his ignorant sense into it. That set him up as a bullseye and then TS sorta stuck up for Fitz and took his majority pack of players against Colter. Not sure how it broke down but you could imagine.

Not surprisingly, wasn't Colter, McCall's guy from Colorado?

And why should players get paid? I support them getting paid for their likeness, which will only be a cash cow for players on playoff type schools. But getting paid to snap the ball? Really? What about High School players? Pee Wee? Otto Graham is rolling over in his grave.
You know what happens when the cost goes up? Yep, fans pay for it. And college kids simply are not professionals and not worth the extra money out of the pocket for a fan to spend.

If they want to get paid then enter the NFL early.

"I think we all want Thorson to start, at least I would like for him to be the starter but it's called competition. And Green is the real deal as well and will earn a scholarship this year imo. He is better than Yates."

But I don't have a side. Whoever starts, starts.
27 Turk, Aug 22, 2015

Gocatsgo : "Green isn't a P5 QB"

Hopefully, we get Green back for next year. Guy is a thinking man QB but he might have actually saved McCall's Job. Saving Mick McCall isn't an option now.

+1
I will add that he simply isn't worth it anyways. I found out that he didn't know squat and nobody begged him to stay in the program. I think his biggest talent evaluation dude was Compton who was a bust. So he wanted to continue fitting in by being a blowhard on here and that's fine.
I'm not a talent evaluation dude, and at best a novice football guy, but I used to provide evaluations and told the board that Green has a place here at NU and that his thinking man football would definitely put him under center. Gocatsgo laughed and said Green isn't on this level and that he would never play here. He was pretty high on Marty. So, I think that tells us all who about GCG's skillset and why he is reduced down to being a keyboard fella.

What wasn't fine was him diming out players like Prater and TS. His only value here is his player evaluation of High School tape, which he has missed alot on, but it does provide the quickest 2 minute cliff notes version of each player for guys like me to follow along.

These personal attacks on GCG are inappropriate and cross the line...I get that not everyone here likes the guy's delivery, but this is too much (IMHO).

Reactions: Fitz51
These personal attacks on GCG are inappropriate and cross the line...I get that not everyone here likes the guy's delivery, but this is too much (IMHO).

Crossed the line, got deleted, whether the comment was accurate or not got deleted anyway. If the comment had been made to you and me at breakfast, I would’ve nodded and said pass the coffee pot

GCG has earned them and is as much an offender as anyone. So, perhaps your direction will be better received if you spread it around appropriately instead of targeting someone often a target of the PKK. Or just go back to the Rock...

This is all real nice, on a thread that’s about a player dealing with a serious illness in the family.

Grow the f*** up.

I thought you had to be 13 to sign up for an online account, but i see that's not the case...at least not emotionally.

Sending the best to Hunter and his family.

Reactions: IGNORE and DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT